Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas and Pretty Little Studio!

Hello and Happy Monday!

Today, I would like to share a couple of Christmasy (is that a word?) projects created for Pretty Little Studio, using several of their Christmas/Holiday collections.

My first project is a Christmas Home Decor frame.  One of my favorite PLS products, are the cute, adorable, and versatile vintage die cuts!  I love using them on cards, layouts, tags, and off the page projects!  They are always the perfect addition to any idea!

One way to really add your own unique twist to them, is to bling them out!  Here is a quick tutorial on how I bling out my die cuts with glitter and glue!

1. Apply a thin layer of wet adhesive to the areas you want to bling out. Add glitter. Add plenty of glitter so it completely covers the adhesive. I always (lightly) pack the glitter into the glue so ensure full coverage. Once you are happy with the glitter coverage, ‘flick’ the back of your die cut or paper. This will remove the excess glitter. Flick the extra glitter onto a scrap piece of paper so you can put the extra glitter back in the container for your next project


2. For the Santa die cut, I wanted to add a little glitz to his Santa Suit and Belt. I added clear glitter to the white portions and black and gold to his belt. I also blinged out the edges of his ‘naughty or nice’ list and the little spots on the dog




3. For the Christmas Tree die cut, I blinged out the tree garland, tree star and packages. As you can see, accenting small areas of the die cut really makes the die cut glisten and shine





I hope you try blinging out your next die cut!  It really adds a little POP!



My next project is a card created with the Winter Wonderland collection. Lots of layers and fun little details.





 
I hope you enjoyed my holiday projects!  Be sure and check out the PLS blog for more daily inspiration!

Thank you for stopping by!

Photobucket

10 comments:

Olga_Mendel said...

Very best!!!

Fluffy said...

Pretty projects! Tx

artfulscrapbooking said...

Both are wonderful projects!! I love that spritzing of ink on the tag! I haven't tried spray inks yet, but now I may have to give it a try. xo Evie

Ashley Horton said...

Amazing projects Tina!! I love the glitter you added to Santa!! You always come up with such fun ideas!!

sandi said...

Wow! Love your adorable creations! Simply fabulous!

photochic said...

I love the PLS diecuts! They're so fun to use! I love your addition of glitter to Santa and the tree. If only I could get up enough guts to actually use glitter... ;P

Pam said...

Such cute projects ! Love the vintage look to the die cuts.

Diana Waite said...

seriously AWESOME!

SamSam said...

wow. these are super pretty!

Bente Fagerberg said...

I love both of these Tina! The glitter is such a neat detail and that tag is just so super vintag xoy and cute! xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...