Monday, December 10, 2012

December OUAS - 1971 Christmas

Hello and Happy Monday!

Today, I would like to share my December layout for OUAS.  As usual Nadia created an awesome sketch and theme for the month.  Here they are:

Theme: It's December...


We would like you to create a layout and interpret the theme "'It's December.. " however you like based on the following sketch. You can journal as little or as much as you like, but your layout must incorporate this theme and the sketch below. Please make sure that we see some sort of journalling on your layouts and please tell us where your journalling is . Hidden journalling is perfectly fine.
Ideas for Journalling: We know that not everyone celebrates Christmas in December, but if you do we would love to hear all about it. If not, then tell us anything that you like about December..celebratory on not!
 
Here is my take on the sketch and challenge.

As usual, I moved things around a bit...moved the 'fence' to the top (used a banner instead), and hid my journaling on a tag behind my photo.




Journaling reads:
"December memories are always filled with Christmas, family, and presents.  This photo was taken Christmas 1971.  I don't specifically remember this Christmas, but I love how my sister and I are dressed up and sitting in a sled.  What's up with that?  I love family photos like this."




Be sure and hop on over to OUAS and check out the full reveal.  There is still plenty of time to play along. 

**Just a piece of sad news.  This will be my last month on the OUAS DT.  I needed to step down from several teams due to personal committments.  I wish to Thank Nadia and the entire OUAS DT for making me feel comfortable and at home.  Y'all are are very talented group of people and I feel blessed to be part of this family.**

As always, thank you for stopping by!  Your time and comments are greatly appreciated.
Photobucket

7 comments:

Chantal Vandenberg said...

How lovely!!!

Ashley Horton said...

Love the CP on this Tina, and the twine tied around your hidden tag!

Dana Tatar {datatar} said...

Gorgeous page! I love the layered flower cluster and the alphas are super cool! Thanks for the inspiration! =)

artfulscrapbooking said...

This is awesome! All the muted colors work so well with the photo!! xo Evie

Diana Waite said...

oh GORGEOUS--hello!

Keri said...

Ugh, sorry I don't make it around to blog-surfing as often as I should, lol! Of course love what you've done with the fab Acorn Avenue here...love how you've emphasized the magenta here, with the string, flowers, and cool distressed title!

sandi said...

Oh how sweet this is! Love it, love the pic! Perfect!

7 comments:

Chantal Vandenberg said...

How lovely!!!

Ashley Horton said...

Love the CP on this Tina, and the twine tied around your hidden tag!

Dana Tatar {datatar} said...

Gorgeous page! I love the layered flower cluster and the alphas are super cool! Thanks for the inspiration! =)

artfulscrapbooking said...

This is awesome! All the muted colors work so well with the photo!! xo Evie

Diana Waite said...

oh GORGEOUS--hello!

Keri said...

Ugh, sorry I don't make it around to blog-surfing as often as I should, lol! Of course love what you've done with the fab Acorn Avenue here...love how you've emphasized the magenta here, with the string, flowers, and cool distressed title!

sandi said...

Oh how sweet this is! Love it, love the pic! Perfect!