Friday, December 7, 2012

MME and Christmas, what a perfect pair!

Hello and Happy Friday!

Today's post is full of holiday inspiration and projects!

MME's holiday collections, Winter Wonderland and All Is Bright are so fabulous for holiday layouts, holiday cards, and holiday home decor.  So, without further adieu, let's get on to the share!

"Altered Receipt Holder" using Winter Wonderland

If y'all know me, you know I love to create home decor items using printers tray's and frames.  I wanted to change this one up a bit, so I created an altered receipt holder (by 7gypsies).


Supplies:Winter Wonderland:4x6 designer paper pad,6x6 designer paper pad,Tags patterned paper,layered Stickers,twine,enamel dots,stamps,decorative brads,decorative buttons,decorative tape,sticker accessory sheet,chipboard elements;Misc:adhesives,mini canvas panels,spray mist,embossing powder,7gypsies vintage receipt holder,ribbon,sewing machine and thread,pens

This project was pretty simple to put together and only required a weekend to create all of the 'mini scenes' for each receipt clip. The 4x6 designer pads and the 6x6 designer pads are great for this type of project and are the perfect size for each area.

For each mini scene, I layered several patterned papers and adhered various stickers, chipboard elements, and decorative brads and buttons. I also wanted to add a little 'shimmer' to each area, so I accented each piece with glitter and glaze pens. They added just the perfect amount of holiday sparkle to my project.



Special hint: To make each mini scene more rigid (so they don't crinkle or buckle under the clip), I backed them with chipboard.

After each scene was complete, I arranged them on the receipt holder and added additional chipboard elements and titles. 


After the holidays are done, I can remove each scene and use them on additional projects, such as layouts...or or add them to a blank card and give them to friends and family next year for Christmas.


My next projects, are all from the All Is Bright collection.  This is my favorite holiday collection this year.  Perfect for Holiday projects and non-traditional ideas)


My first project is this large frame. I layered paper, chipboard elements, brads, stickers and buttons in each opening. I removed the glass so the3D dimension and elements could really pop. Don't the elements look great against the white mat and frame?


Supplies: All is Bright:6x6 paper pad,chipboard elements,decorative brads,decorative buttons,layered stickers,stickers




My next project is another home decor frame. I layered more paper and chipboard elements and tied it all together with twine. This is crazy fast to make and is the perfect project for the busy holiday season.


Supplies: All is Bright:Linen patterned paper,Collage patterned paper,Ephemera Frames patterned paper,Merry patterned paper,chipboard elements,layered stickers,stickers,twine





For my third project I wanted another simple, yet coordinating decor item, so I wrapped decorative tape around matchboxes. Super simple, isn't it? It tied several with twine and added a button or brad. I loved this project so much, I might do this for every holiday. 


Supplies: All is Bright:decorative tape,decorative buttons,decorative brads,chipboard elements,twine,stamps



My last project required a little more time. I die-cut a perpetual calendar with my Cameo and decorated it with more All Is Bright chipboard elements and stickers. It is a great way to countdown the days till The Big Day!


Supplies:All is Bright:4x6 pad,6x6 pad,chipboard elements,stickers,twine
Die Cut Design - Samantha Walker





Whew...you made it to the end.  Thanks for sticking with me.  :)

I hope you enjoyed my holiday home decor projects!  Hopefully, you have some new ideas for your holiday home decor!

Have a fantastic weekend!  Thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket

8 comments:

Jamie Lane [Cripps] said...

So beautiful Tina! I love what you did with Samantha's calendar blocks!

Bente Fagerberg said...

Wow, Tina!! These are simply amazing! I don't know how you manage to get all this done. I am so impressed!!

Ashley Horton said...

Tina, these are all amazing!! I can't even pick a favorite!! Such an awesome use of the MME products!

Svetlana Austin said...

these are all just so pretty and fun, Tina! I even can't pick which one I like the most - so different and all so beautiful!

Lynn said...

What beautiful projects! My fave is the "JOY" frame piece. Very clever idea for using the receipt holder. Lots of inspiration packed into this one post, TFS.

Diana Waite said...

seriously GORGEOUS--LOVE them all!

sandi said...

Wow! You've been a bust gal! These are all fabulous Tina! Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love everything!

soapHOUSEmama said...

oh my goodness!!! that is a whole lot of awesomeness!!!!

8 comments:

Jamie Lane [Cripps] said...

So beautiful Tina! I love what you did with Samantha's calendar blocks!

Bente Fagerberg said...

Wow, Tina!! These are simply amazing! I don't know how you manage to get all this done. I am so impressed!!

Ashley Horton said...

Tina, these are all amazing!! I can't even pick a favorite!! Such an awesome use of the MME products!

Svetlana Austin said...

these are all just so pretty and fun, Tina! I even can't pick which one I like the most - so different and all so beautiful!

Lynn said...

What beautiful projects! My fave is the "JOY" frame piece. Very clever idea for using the receipt holder. Lots of inspiration packed into this one post, TFS.

Diana Waite said...

seriously GORGEOUS--LOVE them all!

sandi said...

Wow! You've been a bust gal! These are all fabulous Tina! Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love everything!

soapHOUSEmama said...

oh my goodness!!! that is a whole lot of awesomeness!!!!