Friday, January 25, 2013

CSI One Year Anniversary Party! (and Blog Hop)



Hello and Happy Friday!  Who is ready for a PARTY??  A CSI Party that is!


CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration turned one this month, and we've been celebrating with fun and festivities all month long. But what's a birthday party without presents?

We are rounding out CSI's birthday celebration with a huge pile of presents! The talented and very generous CSI design team, aka the CSI Detectives, have prepared special blog posts for you this week, and all you have to do is leave a comment on participating design team members' blogs for a chance to receive a present from them! The more blogs you comment on, the more chances you'll have to receive a gift!

We also have the brand-new company Blue Fern Studios joining our blog hop! Our very own Detective Michele Singh is the designer of this company's beautiful chipboard, and we are delighted to have Blue Fern Studios join us to celebrate our birthday on the month they were introduced to the world!

The CSI Birthday Presents Blog Hop will run from January 25 - 29. Winners will be announced in our Full Disclosure (Announcements) Forum the following week. A newsletter will go out to members once this announcement is posted.

Here is a list of the blogs you will want to visit:


But what's a party without a SUPER DUPER CSI Challenge to go with it?? Check this week's challenge out.....

And the lovely coordinates by Michelle!


Here is my take on the challenge!


My evidence includes:
1.  Use clouds
2.  Use something that dangles or hangs
3.  Use something translucent
4.  Make a little packet that holds little bits of something
5.  Use plain cardstock background (there is a sheet of white cardstock as my background)



My journaling is hidden behind my photo.  I took inspiration from the following testimony:  '13 hints for a happy life'

It reads:
13 tips for a happy life

1. Give people more than they expect.
2. Be generous.
3. Be forgiving of others and yourself.
4. Be loyal.
5. Be honest.
6. Take good care of those you love.
7. Be bold and courageous.
8. Smile more.
9. Love yourself.
10. Eat chocolate.
11. Pet a dog.
12. Be creative.
13. Never stop dreaming.




I can't wait to see how you are inspired by the challenge this week. 

Please leave a comment below for a chance to win my RAK.  I would love to hear your hints for a Happy Life!!!

(I haven't taken a picture of my giveaway yet, but I promise it will be full of goodies).   

International followers are welcome!

Your next stop on the Birthday celebration hop is the amazing Yumi Takasaki!  Just love her design style!  If you have joined the hop from my blog, you will want to start at the wonderfully creative blog of Adrienne Ford.

Thanks for stopping by!


64 comments:

Romy said...

Your lay-out turned out amazing! The colours go so well with those sweet b/w photos and I really like your unique design.

Rosa said...

I love the picture and your design. So original!!

Moongirl said...

Hahaha! I used those same letters on mine :) The background is so interesting! Love the graphic look. I like the rest of the goodies all clustered together.

Brenda Smith said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love how you used that Dear Lizzy Chevron paper.

Miriam Prantner said...

What a great layout and bold design, love how this turned out!

Beatrice Lawson said...

The layout is beautiful but what I love best is the journaling! Great colours and such a unique take on the case.

Katie R. said...

Love the use of colors and the layout.

MichelleMc said...

Beautiful layout! Love your tips!

Linda said...

Beautiful layout and love your 13 tips

Buffy Esser said...

what a gorgeous page and I love the journaling!

Cathi ONeill said...

Beautiful, love the colors you emphasised for the layout!

Julene Matthews said...

A happy life is putting your favourite things first.Include of course scrapping.
Your tips are useful to remember.

Natalie Elphinstone said...

What a great layout. I just love the way you've used the colour combo and prompts!
My hint for a happy life is to take the 'glass half full' approach. You've just got to take the positive in every situation :-)

Milly said...

love your LO, what cute picture!

Val Thorpe said...

Perfect reasons for a happy life. What a stunning layout. Thank you for sharing. Love your blog and thanks for the chance to win a prize

karen said...

great layout, love the pic and your style

Heather Jacob said...

Tina this is so striking and creative . just popping in to say hello and I am having fun going to each blog xoxoxo

Jan said...

Thanks for the inspiration and a chance to win.

Riikka said...

Really exceptional layout! Love your design and that photo is awesome! I'm happy to be in the same DT with you!

Lizzy Hill said...

Really, really STUNNING....wish i could scrap like this! Thanks for the chance at winning your give away:):):)

Adriana B said...

such a happy layout love it :)

Lydia said...

beuatiful- great use of patterned paper xxx

Ansku said...

Beautiful layout and picture!

annette said...

beeeautiful Tina .. love it all !!! pics, design & journaling ... cheers XX

Lourdes said...

What a clean and beatiful layout!!!It's wonderful!

I just sign up as follower

Tegan said...

Great layout! I love what you did with the chevron paper- amazing!

lifeofdeb said...

Oh, I really love that little tree.

Jeanette said...

Hey Tina, thanks for the inspiration. Yet another stunning layout from you. So glad to be on the same team as you.

Pia said...

wow what a stunning layout
hugs Pia

Michelle Looi said...

sweet photo! Love the stunning piece of work!

Denay said...

Really love the chevron papers and the metal 2.

MARCH said...

très beau
merci pour le partage
corinne

Adrienne said...

Tina you are awesome girl! Love that design and creation!

Shawn said...

I really like how that triangle(?) pulls your focus right down to the photo and title. Gorgeous!

Hege said...

NIce !!

Cool layout.
Nice way to solve the csi

Nicole Doiron said...

What an adorable page! Love how you laid out your papers and all the little embellishments! My #1 hint for a happy life is 'Don't sweat the small stuff!' :)

Krystle said...

Your layout is darling! I love to focus on all of the blessings I have received.

Scrap2day said...

Loved your layout and I also love your happy tips. I have a few of my own..
Happy tip for marriage: instead of asking what has he done for me..ask what have I done for him. The little things are what makes a marriage..such as..whoever gets up first makes the other a cup of coffee..when we go to get a refill we ask the other if they want one..
Always say I love you before they walk out the door or before you hang up the phone. A simple hug or light touch will brighten up anyones day :o)...I think all the little things we do for each other is what makes our marriage a happy one!

Ali said...

WOW -WEE, love the way you have worked those papers...you're still way up there on my crafty hero list ;0) As always Tina, genius work with adorable photos....love it!

Iryna Kittsteiner said...

Thanks for the inspiration . Your LO is gorgeous!!

Greetings from Germany, Iryna

Auntie Em said...

This is so sweet. I love the journaling.
Thank you for sharing! :)

lindy Gillespie said...

Simply gorgeous Tina!!! love all the details and colours - such inspiration enjoy the hop xoxo

Margie said...

Lovely colros, pretty LO!

Ayeeda said...

Gorgeous page, stunning details:) Regards :*

Rusticdiva said...

hints for a Happy Life - to be a peace with ones self, to love and be loved. Scrapbooking gives one the chance to do all of these. I love your layout.

lintsi said...

Thanks for sharing the 13 tips for happiness - they are so true! i love your layout!

Linda Eggleton said...

Wow, I really LOVE the design of your layout & you've worked the colours & evidence perfectly! Gorgeous work :)

Carol said...

Absolutely love the clouds framed with the chevron paper! What a creative touch. Beautifully done. Thanks for sharing!

Elaine said...

Tina, you are always so full of wonderful ideas. Your work is inspiring and a pleasure to look at.I love the way you've placed your elements on the page and the chevron in the background is striking and leads your eye to the photograph and embellies

dstandard said...

Such a fabulous page - love the photos and your design totally rocks!

Hanne said...

Lovely layout! Like the design.

Zanka said...

The smile of the little one is the loveliest thing I've seen this weekend :) Great page, amazingly rich in details.

Swissdutchy8 said...

Hi! I wanted so much to know something about the picture....is it you as a child? However, I must admit I never make layouts like this, I just cant, but I really like it if people do and look this style! Bye bye, have a nice sunday

Anita Nay said...

You have a very interesting layout and it is unusual and different. Glad I am doing the CSI blog hop to find you

Elena C said...

I really love your page. It makes me want to know the story about those two kids "just the two of us" LOVELY!!! that triangle from the top is just wonderful!!! YES that's the way to do a page~~~

Sarah Rouault said...

Love the stand out of the colours but they don't swamp the picture - beautiful and wonderful testimony too. Thank you for sharing

Sarah

Miranda said...

Such a joyful page. Love how you used the colors. TFS.

Fluffy said...

Tina you always come up with designs that are so unique! Love this one.
Here is my little snippet for a happy life. “What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. These are but trifles, to be sure; but scattered along life's pathway, the good they do is inconceivable.”
― Joseph Addison
Tx

Helen Wallace said...

Just calling in to say G'Day and having fun with the blog hop. Your pages are always so original and inspiring :)

Jennifer said...

You didn't mention who is in the photograph, but it is so darn cute! Thanks for sharing the 13 happy hints -- I wholeheartedly subscribe to the "eating chocolate" on especially :)

Diana Waite said...

just love the layering and colors Tina--FANTASTIC job!

Eila Sandberg said...

Awww Tina this is absolutely adorable!! totally cute! Popping in to say hi and wish you good luck with the hop, wowzer - 60 comments! xoxox

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Beautiful and creative LO Tina. Love it!!!! Awesome details. Now following your blog. Love the goodie prize. Thanks for the inspiration.
Huggies
Rachelle

THcreates said...

Wow, I've never seen a layout with this type of design before - love the huge single "chevon" you created which acts like a huge arrow pointing to your focal point. Hope I win!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...