Thursday, January 31, 2013

My tag ART obsession!

Hello and Happy Wednesday! 

I have something to admit!  I have been bitten by the Mixed Media bug!  And it is contagious!  So you better watch out and not get too close, or you might find yourself dreaming of paint, ink, gesso, and modeling paste!

Last year, I was totally impressed with the creativity and ideas in 'Creative Jumpstart'.  I was inspired and many of the techniques and hints provided really stuck with me.  This years CJS was INCREDIBLE!  The line up that Nathalie Kalbach put together was amazing.  I am still going through the videos, but I have been so inspired by what I've seen, I started an Art Journal.  What?  Yes, can you believe it?!?

An easy way to try new techniques and ideas, is by creating on tags.  I must say, I love this idea!  It is like a mini canvas that is forgiving (and cheap), so you don't feel bad testing out new techniques.

I keep all of my tags and plan on pulling them out for projects here and there, but I thought it would be fun to use some of my 'not so favorite' ones, by punching circles from them for a scrapbook page.

I used this week's sketch over at Studio Calico for another jumping off point, to create a layout about my obsession!

Here is the SC sketch, based a card from Robyn Werlich's Block Party gallery.


I really loved the circles, so I incorporated them into my layout with the punched circles from my tags, and expanded the 'hello' banner piece.


It was seriously so much fun creating this, since it allowed me to create a layout, with my mixed media art!  I am sure you will see this in future projects!  :)

Thank you for taking the time to stop by!  Have a great Wednesday!

11 comments:

artfulscrapbooking said...

Wow..what a great idea! Love that you recycled your tags into scrappy embellishments. This defintely appeals to me. Thanks for the inspiration!! xo Evie

Diana Waite said...

VERY fun and inspiring! I'm thinking I need to go get me some crafty stuff!

soapHOUSEmama said...

this is so cool! LOVE how you used those circles!

blsd2scrp said...

love, love, love this! very inspiring!

Heather Adams said...

Wow! You are just amazing! I love the circles in the background, with a couple of them stapled! How did you staple the ones in the center of the page? Love all your layering, as always. ;)

Erin Blegen said...

This is super fun- everything is so well placed and there are a ton of details to explore- awesome work!!

xErin

Natalie Stewart said...

I really love this LO and your using my fav alphas too!

Ashley Horton said...

Fun layout Tina! Love that you scrapped about...scrapping! :) The punched circles from your tags look really fabulous on this page!

Keri said...

Hah, love that you made a layout ABOUT the mixed-media obsession...perfect. Love all the circles and the chic tags alpha banner.

Jennifer Schmidt said...

Such a fun layout! I love your title work!

Kim Price said...

STunning page!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...