Thursday, January 24, 2013

Studio Calico Weekly Challenge! All you need is love and home!


Hello and Happy Thursday!  We are SO close to the weekend and I can't wait.  I plan on crafting a bit this weekend and hopefully my cold cooperates with me and is completely gone by then!

I couldn't sleep last night, so I 'whipped' up a layout for the weekly challenge over at SC.  The challenge this week is a Recipe Challenge and your card or layout should follow the following recipe:

* 4 squares
* 3 small round embellishments
* alphabet stamps
* paper strips
* mist

As usual, I have a 'hard-time' following rules (hee hee), so I stretched the challenge a bit.  Here we go!


Instead of SQUARES, I made my own RECTANGLES from modeling paste, a Crafter's Workshop stencil and Ranger Spray Mist. I went for a 'un-square' (is that a word?!?!) look, and created different sized rectangles and placed them in a non-square fashion.


I also 'expanded' the use of paper strips, and included several layered stickers, and an accordian flower to my paper strip selection.



I found this little stamp in my stash and it was perfect for my title!
"All you need is love & home"


And these alpha stamps from Studio Calico were a great compliment to my little stamp. Of course I had use some MME enamel dots from the new Collectable collection for my 3 small round embellishment ingredient.




And to think this entire layout started with a 12x12 sheet of white chipboard and an hour and 1/2 later, was a finished layout!  I love it when it just flows!

Thank you for taking the time to stop by!  There is a special post tomorrow evening, so be sure and stop back!  You won't want to miss it!



9 comments:

Mary Ann Jenkins said...

Ohhhh I love how you used the modeling paste to make your rectangles (squares lol)!! Love the dimension it adds!

SamSam said...

i love how you made up the squares on your own!

Leanne said...

gorgeous!! I love you non-squares! :D

Cindy Boney said...

Very nice. I know what you mean about following the rules--I find that hard myself!

sandi said...

Wow Tina, love what you did with the challenge! Looks awesome!

Ashley Horton said...

I LOVE THIS ONE!! Fabulous take on the challenge Tina! The modeling paste looks awesome and I love the colors against the white background! Definitely a new favorite!!

Eila Sandberg said...

You're genius Tina!! love your creativity and how this turned out just brill! xoxo

Diana Waite said...

this is GORGEOUS!! love the color and fun texture!

Natalie Elphinstone said...

Wow. I've only just seen this one. It's stunning! Love what you've done with modelling paste and spray ink. I can only imagine how much time a layout like this would take me! It certainly would be longer than an hour and a half and wouldn't look nearly as spectacular as yours :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...