Tuesday, February 5, 2013

February MME Challenge! Groundhog Day!

Hi!  Happy Tuesday!

Last Friday, the latest My Mind's Eye Challenge went LIVE!  This month's challenge is super fun and very unique.  We want you to scrapbook Groundhog Day!  How fun!  :)


I took my inspiration from the movie, Groundhog Day!

I love that movie.  Can you imagine waking up every day with a chance of a ‘do-over’, making changes to what you do and who you talk to?  Imagine knowing that no matter the consequence, you would get a new start each and every morning?

I have a philosophy for life.  Live each day to its fullest, don’t worry about tomorrow, and try your best at everything you do.    The title was really the inspiration for my page, “I can, I will, I do”.  I saw this quote awhile back while perusing the internet and it really stuck with me.  I even have it on my cell phone case as a constant reminder; Never give up and always do my best.


I wanted the design for my project to be simple, yet with intricate pops of color and pattern.  Using my electronic die cut machine, I cut a sunrise shape (twice), flipping the cut vertically for the second cut.  


Once cut, I flipped the cut over revealing the red side of the Honeycomb Embossed Paper and fit the shape back into the cut opening.  I backed the entire paper with the Collage Striped paper, which I absolutely adore.  It is full of color and wonderful designs and patterns.



To finish my layout, I created a large flower by layering stickers, chipboard, and an enamel dot.  This is such an easy and fast way to add a big impact to a page.  I added my title and a few little embellishments, and the layout was done.  Really quick, really simple, and super fast!


You have until Feb 14th to link up your project.  I can't wait to see what you make.  For more details, visit the MME blog.

Lastly, I did a major purge of my crafty space and am 'giving' my purged stash away.  I've already donated 7 boxes of goodies and still have 2 left.  The 2 remaining boxes are mostly paper, with just a few embellishments.  The product is free, you would just need to pay for the shipping, which is $12.35.  If you are interested in either box, send me a message (adogslife@hotmail.com) and we can work out the details.


Thank you for stopping by!  Have a great day!

6 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

Looks awesome Tina!! Love the burst pattern you created and the cluster of the photos, paper, and embellishments on your page! And this is a great quote!!

blsd2scrp said...

love the starburst effect and pp used! this is such a great layout! I love it!

Leanne said...

gorgeous!!

andi said...

such a cool effect! looks great!

Tegan said...

This is so great! Love the coloring and the design! Awesome!

Debbi Tehrani said...

Love this to bits, Tina! You are so creative. Fantastic what you did with the starburst!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...