Thursday, February 28, 2013

Let's get scratching!!!

Hello and Happy Thursday! 

I have a fun, but really sad post today!  My DT term is up over at Pretty Little Studio and I would like to share one final project(s).

I created this project early in February, but we ran out of time to share it on the PLS blog, so I am sharing it here.  The project is perfect for Valentine 'love', but the technique could be used for all types of crafty projects.



Want to create a treat bag with a fun little twist?  How about adding your very own scratch off to a Valentine die cut or other 'secret' message.


Supplies Needed
Silver Paint (or any color)
Liquid Dish Soap
Clear Contact Paper

Step One:  Trace the shape of the scratch off area on clear contact paper.
(Tip: I taped the corners of the contact paper to my surface and slid my vintage die cut underneath and traced the heart outline)

Step Two:  Mix 2 parts paint, 1 part Liquid Dish Soap and apply in thin coats over traced shape.  Allow to dry completely between coats.  For my example, it took 3 thin coats of paint to completely cover the shape.
(Tip:  I didn't have any silver paint in my stash, so I added silver Shimmerz paint to my grey paint to make silver)

Step Three:  Once completely dry, cut out shape.  Remove backing from contact paper and adhere on top of die cut shape.


From beginning to end, it only took about 4 hours.  Super quick and super easy!

Here are some photos of each bag with some close-ups.




 
 I hope you try it!  It really was super easy and totally FUN!


Also, I haven't heard from the winner for my Stamp Carving 101 class.  If I don't hear from the winner by Monday, March 4th, I will re-draw a winner!  ;)

Thank you for stopping by!  Have a great day!


6 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

What an awesome technique Tina!! I love how you used it on those cute Valentine's! And you've done such a fabulous job as one of the PLS DT members!!

artfulscrapbooking said...

These are so cute...plus I love the little attached bags full of confetti and sequins!! :) Evie

SamSam said...

aww... these are all so cute! love a bagful of confettis, and its in GOLD some more! <3

Diana Waite said...

SOOO cute!

sandi said...

Oh Tina these are just soooooooooooooo cute! Love them all!

Keri said...

Just love this idea and can't wait to try it!

6 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

What an awesome technique Tina!! I love how you used it on those cute Valentine's! And you've done such a fabulous job as one of the PLS DT members!!

artfulscrapbooking said...

These are so cute...plus I love the little attached bags full of confetti and sequins!! :) Evie

SamSam said...

aww... these are all so cute! love a bagful of confettis, and its in GOLD some more! <3

Diana Waite said...

SOOO cute!

sandi said...

Oh Tina these are just soooooooooooooo cute! Love them all!

Keri said...

Just love this idea and can't wait to try it!