Sunday, February 10, 2013

Stamp Carving 101..

Hello and Happy Sunday!  Today, I'd like to share my latest obession - STAMP CARVING!

A few weeks back, I signed up for Julie Balzer's Stamp Carving class.  I've had the basic supplies for over a year, but haven't pulled them out to play due to other obligations.  Since I've recently reduced the number of DT commitments, I've had more time to explore media media arts and other artistic techniques and products.

I finally had some extra time this weekend to start watching and learning about Stamp Carving.

Instead of explaining the product and techniques for each tag, I am listing the products I used below.  If you have any questions about specific tags, please let me know and I'll try and answer them.

Supplies
Tags, several sizes
Acrylic Paint
Spray Mist
Water Color Paint
Faber Castell Gelatos
Misc. Stamps
Paint brushes
Stencils
Gesso
Ink, I used both Black Archival Ink and Distress Ink
Stamp making supplies, carving tool, Speed Ball Speedy-Carve block, glass mat, pencils, pens, Sharpie, tracing paper

Carving your own stamps is really easier than I thought, and SO much fun!  I will definitely be using these stamps on future projects and already have more stamps in mind.

I've placed the stamp I carved next to the tag in each photo.  
I would love to hear which tag is your favorite.  I've number each one above the picture.

Number One

Number Two

Number Three

Number Four

Number Five

Number Six

Number Seven

Number Eight

Number Nine

I even had time to make some tags without my newly carved stamps.  :)

Number Ten

Number Eleven

Number Twelve


Number Thirteen

Number Fourteen

I highly recommend Julie's class.  I still have 2 lessons to take, but I have learned so much already and she makes it super Fun!

Thank you for stopping by!  Have a great week!



6 comments:

Leonie Waldron said...

Tina they are all gorgeous! Thanks for sharing, I'll have to give carving a go :)

Miriam Prantner said...

I love these! I'm also a Stamp Carving 101 student, although I have to admit, I am stalled at the alphas....I need to get back at it, but I want a chunk of time that I can dedicate to getting them all done at once. I really love carving, it's almost therapeutic, and I actually take all my stuff on vacation with me now - it's a nice compact little kit, and allows me to still be crafty when I'm away.

OhSuz said...

Impossible to pick a favorite-they are all really great! Your carved stamps are amazing-I've wanted to try doing that & maybe I will now that you've inspired me :-)

soapHOUSEmama said...

OH, HOW AWESOME!!! I have been eyeing that class...

Ashley Horton said...

The stamps and tags all look really amazing Tina!! It's hard to pick a favorite, but I really like #13!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

This is really clever and sooo effective!!! Awesome!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...