Thursday, March 14, 2013

She Art #3 - Girls with Faces

Hello and Happy Thursday!

Today, I'd like to share more of my She Art #3 canvases.  This time, girls WITH faces.  I was SOOOO nervous about creating a girl WITH a face.  Other than the sketches I drew at the beginning of the class, I've never created ANYTHING with a face.

I listened and watched closely to what Christy was teaching and sharing.  She makes it look so easy.  Could I do this?  Maybe.  Would it look as natural and unforced as she makes it look?  Not sure.  So I jumped right in and painted a face. 

The first face wasn't 'quite right', so I covered it with paint.  (that is the wonderful thing about paint, if you don't like what you've created the first time, you get as many 'do-overs' as you want).

So I created another face.  This one was a little better than the first, so I continued to finish my girl.  I am learning to embrace imperfection. 

She represents the innocence of the past.  Her life was much simplier than mine.  She dreamed of being in love and all the things the future holds.




I thought it would be fun to share what she looked like with the first round of paint.  Also, this canvas was full of great color and pattern.  I tried to incorporate some of it in her head band, and the rest in the background.

Okay, so I can create a girl WITH a face and it looks human.  :)  But I wanted to keep practicing, and try new techniques.  My next girl was created on a blank canvas.  Scary to start from nothing but a white canvas and transform it to a girl, but fun at the same time.

This girl 'marches to her own beat'.  She loves fashion and color, and is a women that others admire and seek out.


I was definitely more comfortable with her face and was able to get the colors and shading I was looking for.



I created her earrings, necklace, and bodice from several Gelli plate papers.  I love this and will definitely be using this more.





The She Art #3 class has opened up a new artistic world to me that I never thought I was capable of.  I get a feeling of happiness and freedom when I paint and will continue exploring this more.

I have several more girls in mind, so be on the look out for them.  :)

Thank you for stopping by!  Have a great day!

3 comments:

Disco Queen said...

Wow! Tina, these are incredible. I love the way that you have been able to instil them with their own personalities. The first is my favourite as she seems a little more timid.

Ashley Horton said...

These are beautiful, Tina!! Love to see your creative talent, being used in different areas of crafting!

sandi said...

Wow! These are just fabulous!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Disco Queen said...

Wow! Tina, these are incredible. I love the way that you have been able to instil them with their own personalities. The first is my favourite as she seems a little more timid.

Ashley Horton said...

These are beautiful, Tina!! Love to see your creative talent, being used in different areas of crafting!

sandi said...

Wow! These are just fabulous!!!!!!!!!