Thursday, March 7, 2013

She Art #3, so in love...

Hello and Happy Thursday!

Today, I want to share with you about a current on-line class I am taking,
" Christy Tomlinson's She Art #3. " 

I took the original She Art classes a year or two ago and really enjoyed what Christy taught, so I thought it would be fun to see how to expand my She Art expressions and get creative!

It started with sketching. 

I have never really sketched before, so I was a wee bit nervous about this part.  But I took it on and was amazed how easy it was and how comfortable I was with it.

Here are some of my original sketches. (I apologize for the poor quality, but these are phone pictures)



Sketches led to creating canvases.  We learned about adding color, texture, and dimension.

Here is one of the canvases I created.



Next came 'girls without faces'.  I've done the smaller faces from She Art #1 and #2, but an entire canvas with a face...hmmm, not sure about this.  But I moved forward.  And again, I was surprised how comfortable I was with painting the girls.

I also tried a new technique - painting with my fingers.  I LOVE THIS!  I love the feel and texture it creates vs. painting with a paint brush.  So different and amazing!

This is the 1st girl I created. 


She was revealed from this canvas.


I really love her and the neutral color palette.  She is soft and gentle and is at peace with herself.

And some close-ups.






My 2nd color was more vibrant and colorful.

  

She evolved from this background.  (yes, a rather drastic difference, but if you look close, all the dimension and texture from the background is there.  Do you see where her necklace is from?)

She is full of life and energy.  Full of happiness and joy!


And some close-ups.





 
I'm in week three of the class and we will learn about adding faces to our girls.  This has me really nervous, but let's do it!

I'll share some 'girls with faces' after I've created several canvases, so be sure and watch for the blog post!  :)

If you feeling inspired, I urge you to check out Christy's classes.  I love them and she packs them full of information and inspiration!

As always, thank you for stopping by!  Have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

Annette said...

wow Tina this is amazing... You are an amazing artist..

melshappyscrappyplace said...

Love seeing your She Art girls! I missed the original sign up for this, but after seeing your canvases I am really inspired to go for it. I'm no good with faces, but would love to learn. Christy's classes are always so awesome.

Leanne said...

loved seeing your process! both are amazing pieces!!fabulous..x

Veronica said...

LOVE christy and so sad to have missed this class. Your work is absolutely gorgeous!! Can't wait to see more.

Connie Mercer said...

your a natural!! awesome work!!

5 comments:

Annette said...

wow Tina this is amazing... You are an amazing artist..

melshappyscrappyplace said...

Love seeing your She Art girls! I missed the original sign up for this, but after seeing your canvases I am really inspired to go for it. I'm no good with faces, but would love to learn. Christy's classes are always so awesome.

Leanne said...

loved seeing your process! both are amazing pieces!!fabulous..x

Veronica said...

LOVE christy and so sad to have missed this class. Your work is absolutely gorgeous!! Can't wait to see more.

Connie Mercer said...

your a natural!! awesome work!!