Monday, April 1, 2013

JBS April Gallery is LIVE!

Hello and Happy Monday! 

The April JBS Gallery is LIVE!  and WOW, I am speechless!  It's incredible and the Design Team has been knocking it out of the park with the kit(s) this month.

I was able to play with the April Papercrafting kit, the April Artisan Add On kit, and the April Mini Album kit.  I must admit, I was a little nervous about the subtle color palette in all of these kits and how I could 'make it work'....but I dug right in and started creating up a storm.

My first layout uses bits & pieces of all 3 kits, but I think my favorite item in the Papercrafting kit is the JBS Exclusive stamp. 

I'm not a huge stamper, but I really love JBS stamps.  They are great for backgrounds and unique projects, such as mini albums.  The print from the April kit is timeless and so perfect for so many projects.



I stamped the large white doily die cut that was also in the Papercrafting kit with a light colored ink.  The look is subtle, but it really dressed up the plain, white doily.



I also wanted an embellishment that was blue, but there wasn't any in the kits.  But no despair, I made my own with one of the Pink Paislee die cuts from the Mini Album kit, spray mist, and the exclusive stencil in the Papercrafting kit.


I flipped the die cut to the back side and sprayed it, using the exclusive stencil (which I love BTW).  So easy and just perfect for my layout.

My next layout uses all 3 kits again!


Once again, I used the exclusive JBS stamp with JBS ink and stamped the chipboard panel from the Artisan Add on kit.  Doesn't that look fantastic?  I also used one of the large Pebbles polka dot bags to hold several journal tags.  The bag was too bright, so I sprayed the bag (with the stencil) with white mist  Perfect! 


I took 2 of the manila tags from the Mini Album kit and sprayed them, using the stencil.  I slide them in the bag for more fun!


Lastly, I loved the font alphas in the Artisan add on kit, but I not the color (for this layout).  So I painted a coat of gesso on the alphas and viola!  I also did this with one of the gold leaves.  I wanted a white one, so a coat of gesso did the trick.


My last layout also uses bits & pieces of all 3 kits.


The digital die cuts are from an earlier JBS kit, but I still love them, so I pulled out the cut for this layout.


I seriously cannot get enough of large titles...and this layout is no exception.  LOVE THESE ALPHAS!



That is all!  I hope you love the kits as much as I do!  Be sure and stop by the JBS blog this month for some awesome shares from the Design Team.

As always, thank you for stopping by!  Your time is much appreciated.

Have a fantastic day!

5 comments:

Annette said...

Wow Tina these are amazing...

Ashley Calder said...

Ooh, awesome projects!!!

Ali said...

OMG why on earth would you be nervous??? You ROCKED it!!! Whatever you do, you do sublimely...so worry not my friend :0)

Diana Waite said...

oh my LOVING everything I see!

Ashley Horton said...

All of these are totally beautiful Tina!! The last one is my fave...love the layered Golden leaves!

5 comments:

Annette said...

Wow Tina these are amazing...

Ashley Calder said...

Ooh, awesome projects!!!

Ali said...

OMG why on earth would you be nervous??? You ROCKED it!!! Whatever you do, you do sublimely...so worry not my friend :0)

Diana Waite said...

oh my LOVING everything I see!

Ashley Horton said...

All of these are totally beautiful Tina!! The last one is my fave...love the layered Golden leaves!