Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Page/Maps and My Mind's Eye team up!

Hello and Happy Monday, Happy April Fool's Day, and Happy April 1st!

This month, the My Mind's Eye design team is teaming up with Page/Maps to play along with another awesome sketch by Becky Fleck.  I had SO much fun creating with this sketch, and in my typical fashion, I changed up the sketch.  (just a wee bit).

My sketch was designed for those 8.5x11 scrappers.  But of course could be modified for the 12x12 scrapper and card maker.


I started by flipping the sketch upside down.  (so the title was at the bottom of the page).  I replaced one of the photo spots with a layered sticker embellishment.  Lastly, in place of the large circle design elements, I used small brads and chipboard embellishments.






I am so in love with this layout.  I love this collection from MME - Collectable.  The colors are so bright, fresh, and fun!

To celebrate the collaboration even more, MME is hosting a giveaway with Page Maps.  The winner will win the 'My Girl' collection.





To enter, create a layout based on this sketch, in any size, any orientation, any way you want to interpret it and using any products you would like. Post a comment on this thread with a link to your entry. The contest starts today and ends at midnight, Sunday, April 21, 2013 (MST). This contest is open to everyone, everywhere! :)


Hop on over to the Page Maps blog and MME blog to check out the inspiration and ideas!  Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Diana Waite said...

oh my goodness this is AWESOME--love your take on the sketch!

Ashley Horton said...

Great take on the sketch Tina, and I love the mix of colors on your layout!!

Laurel said...

Wow this is just amazing!

Monika Wright | I Love It All said...

Love it!

Briana Johnson said...

Gorgeous as always Tina! I love how you interpreted the sketch and how you mixed all those patters to perfection!

Jenny Evans said...

Love your layout, Tina!!

MiaW said...

Love the sketch and what you did with it. Is it okay if I wanted to use it? I would give credit of course.

Helen Tilbury said...

A beautiful simplification of the sketch - wonderful job Tina!

8 comments:

Diana Waite said...

oh my goodness this is AWESOME--love your take on the sketch!

Ashley Horton said...

Great take on the sketch Tina, and I love the mix of colors on your layout!!

Laurel said...

Wow this is just amazing!

Monika Wright | I Love It All said...

Love it!

Briana Johnson said...

Gorgeous as always Tina! I love how you interpreted the sketch and how you mixed all those patters to perfection!

Jenny Evans said...

Love your layout, Tina!!

MiaW said...

Love the sketch and what you did with it. Is it okay if I wanted to use it? I would give credit of course.

Helen Tilbury said...

A beautiful simplification of the sketch - wonderful job Tina!