Sunday, May 19, 2013

MME Pinspiration Friday (but posted on Sunday) ;)

Hello and Happy Sunday! 

Before I get to my layout share, I would like to say a special THANK YOU to everyone who is supporting me in my new venture.  I am so blessed to have friends who share in the excitement and passion for art, scrapbooking, and mixed media!  I am so excited to get this off the ground and it couldn't do this without your encouragement and inspiration!

Last Friday, on the My Mind's Eye blog, the monthly 'Pinspiraiton Friday' post went live!  I LOVE Pinspiration Friday's!  I love the amazing talent on the MME 'Inspiring Pages and Cards' board.  I love perusing the board for inspiration and crafty ideas! 

When looking for my inspiration piece for my DT challenge, my eye kept going back to this amazing layout by Missy Whidden.  Here is her wonderful layout. I loved the fun colors, the great photo, and especially the Sunburst design element.


Here's how I used Missy's layout for inspiration.


I really wanted to take the sunburst design element and expand on the idea for my layout.  I started by cutting a large Sunburst shape with my Cameo and adhering it to my background.  Next, using a diagonal design 6x6 paper sheet, I placed the paper with the diagonals going in the same direction as the Sunburst shape. Lastly, I digitally cut a smaller Sunburst shape and placed it on top of the diagonal paper.  With these 3 elements, I created movement on the page to create an overall Sunburst design.



Thank you Missy for sharing your creativity and wonderful inspiration!

As always, thank you for stopping by!  Have a great day!

3 comments:

Keri said...

Love both your and Missy's layouts, such a great graphic look! I really love the bold red curved title to emphasis the sunburst shaping, great look!

Laurel said...

Wow, amazing layout! You rock!

Diana Waite said...

this is such a FUN take on that fun page of inspiration!

3 comments:

Keri said...

Love both your and Missy's layouts, such a great graphic look! I really love the bold red curved title to emphasis the sunburst shaping, great look!

Laurel said...

Wow, amazing layout! You rock!

Diana Waite said...

this is such a FUN take on that fun page of inspiration!