Wednesday, May 8, 2013

This is a great day!

Hello and Happy Wednesday!

I love color inspiration challenges. I love searching thru my stash looking for just the perfect colors and design elements for a color inspiration challenge.

Last Friday, My Mind's Eye posted this color inspiration challenge.

For my layout, I used product from all four Collectable ranges to complete my assignment.


Besides using the colors in the color inspiration photo(s), I also used design elements from the color inspiration photos:

1. Diagonal design from the dress,

2. Round/Flower shaped elements from the cake and necklace, and

3. Stacking/Layering from the green dishes.

To create the diagonal design, I started with a diagonal background patterned paper. (Super easy, huh?) Next, I digitally cut a diagonal shape and layered all 3 colors behind the shape for a fun and interesting element.


I used a large, oversized flower shape brad for my Round/Flower shape design element. I couldn't find the perfect brad shape and colors, so I actually mixed 2 different brads from 2 separate Collectable collections to make my finished brad.



Lastly, I layered patterned paper, embellishments, and my title to finish my layout.


Tip: I didn't want to repeat the same yellow patterned paper behind my die cut title, so I cut a section from the Tiny Word sticker sheet. The color was exactly what I was looking for, so I sprayed a different shade of yellow and white mist to change the color of the stickers. Perfect way to stretch my stash, yet still follow the Color Inspiration challenge.

Next time you see a great photo that inspires you with color, look beyond the color for even more scrapbook inspiration.

Thank you for stopping by!  Have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

Great use of the inspiration photo Tina!! And I love the tiny sticker sheet behind your die cut!

Annette said...

wow Tina great layout.. love the color combo..

Debbie Stember said...

the wordy sticker sheet idea is brilliant.

3 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

Great use of the inspiration photo Tina!! And I love the tiny sticker sheet behind your die cut!

Annette said...

wow Tina great layout.. love the color combo..

Debbie Stember said...

the wordy sticker sheet idea is brilliant.