Sunday, July 14, 2013

2 page layouts - Really??

Hello and Happy Sunday!

I hope everyone's weekend has been splendid and full of relaxation, family time, and fun!

If y'all know me, I am NOT a 2 page layout kinda girl!  My layouts are 1 pager's, flipping between a 12x12 and an 8.5x11.  I really struggle with the concept of 2 page layouts, even though my humble beginnings were in the 2 page layout world.  2 page layouts have so much real estate it is really hard to know where to begin.  Do you feel the same way?

I created these 2 page layouts for a recent Creating Keepsakes call.  They love to publish 2 pager's, so I thought, 'Why not?'.  They (unfortunately) weren't picked up, so I thought I'd share them here!

The first layout, 'Life without dogs', uses one of my favorite Pretty Little Studio collections, Nature Walk.


Don't you just love the color palette in this collection?  And the whimsical forest animal die cuts?







My 2nd 2-page layout features a collection by a company, near and dear to my heart, My Mind's Eye.  I used Collectible for this layout and simply adore the great little details and large title.


Even though neither of these layouts were picked up by CK, I was really fun to stretch my designing abilities and go outside my comfort zone.  You never know, you might see more 2 page layouts from me in the future.  ;)

Thanks for stopping by today!  Your time is always appreciated!  Have a good one!

10 comments:

Bente Fagerberg said...

Love to see all these Tina!! You really have a gorgeous style and I pick up a bucketload of inspiration every time I visit!! Awsome!!

Monique Liedtke said...

Awesome pages Tina!!! What a shame they weren't picked up! My fav is the 1st layout ... So super cute!

Leanne said...

Two beautiful double page spreads!! I love the PLS double. And I love the quote on the second! hee hee. fabulous LOs as always..x

Ashley Horton said...

I agree Tina!! I am comfortable with my little 12x12 area! But you definitely rocked these double pagers, and the PLS and MME look great on both layouts!

Cindy Boney said...

I love these layouts...especially the die cut journaling! What an awesome idea!

Diana Waite said...

SUPER sweet pages Tina! I like them just the same!!

Tanya Ham said...

I scrap almost exclusively in 2-pagers, so it's cool to hear another side. I guess I like all the 'real estate' (LOL) for more pics, papers and embellishments. Love both layouts, and all the die cutting with the fill in underneath - super cute! :)

Svetlana Austin said...

Tina these are all so cool! love the unity of your double pagers! very stylish projects!

Keri said...

Love these both, Tina...gorgeous and well-designed 2-pagers!

Paper Issues said...

Fabulous 2 page layouts! It's been quite a while since I've actually done a 2-pager. I really need to create again! :)

Thanks for joining us over at Paper Issues!

hugs,
Jo:)

10 comments:

Bente Fagerberg said...

Love to see all these Tina!! You really have a gorgeous style and I pick up a bucketload of inspiration every time I visit!! Awsome!!

Monique Liedtke said...

Awesome pages Tina!!! What a shame they weren't picked up! My fav is the 1st layout ... So super cute!

Leanne said...

Two beautiful double page spreads!! I love the PLS double. And I love the quote on the second! hee hee. fabulous LOs as always..x

Ashley Horton said...

I agree Tina!! I am comfortable with my little 12x12 area! But you definitely rocked these double pagers, and the PLS and MME look great on both layouts!

Cindy Boney said...

I love these layouts...especially the die cut journaling! What an awesome idea!

Diana Waite said...

SUPER sweet pages Tina! I like them just the same!!

Tanya Ham said...

I scrap almost exclusively in 2-pagers, so it's cool to hear another side. I guess I like all the 'real estate' (LOL) for more pics, papers and embellishments. Love both layouts, and all the die cutting with the fill in underneath - super cute! :)

Svetlana Austin said...

Tina these are all so cool! love the unity of your double pagers! very stylish projects!

Keri said...

Love these both, Tina...gorgeous and well-designed 2-pagers!

Paper Issues said...

Fabulous 2 page layouts! It's been quite a while since I've actually done a 2-pager. I really need to create again! :)

Thanks for joining us over at Paper Issues!

hugs,
Jo:)