Wednesday, July 3, 2013

MME July Challenge! Red, White & Blue

Hello and Happy Wednesday! 

It's a new month and that means a new challenge over on the MME blog

The challenge this month is color.  Specifically Red, White, & Blue!  Perfect for the 4th and to celebrate our Nation's History.

I love color.  By adding white, gray or black to any color, you can achieve different tints, tones, and shades.  Because of my love for color, color challenges are especially fun!  Unless a color challenge is specific to the tint/tone/shade to be used, you can create an endless array of projects with just 3 colors.
Tina Walker for MME
Supplies:Find Your Wings & Fly-Sky's the Limit:Look patterned paper, No Limit paper, Find Your Wings & Fly, Layered Ephemera paper,6x6 paper pad,Chipboard Accessories, Sticker Accessories,Decorative Brads,Stamps;Find Your Wings & Fly-Up and Away:Layered Stickers,Stamps, Enamel Dots,Word/Alpha Stickers;Misc:Punch:  Jenni Bowlin, Ink:  Archival, Adhesive:  American Crafts (tape runner), Imaginisce (foam tape), Silhouette Cameo 
 
I'm a non-traditional color person myself.  When allowed to 'stray' outside the norm, I gravitate towards the outer edges of color.   When asked to create a layout for the 'Red, White & Blue' challenge, I immediately grabbed my 'Find Your Wings & Fly' product and searched for different tints, tones, and shades of red/white/blue.

IMG_4909
I love the soft, muted, and non-traditional reds and blues in Sky's the Limit.  It was perfect for what I wanted to create.

IMG_4910
When adding several designs, shapes, and colors to a layout, I love to use a neutral background.  And since 'white' was one of the color choices, I used a creamier shade of white.
I layered multiple chipboard, stickers and die cut pieces.  I also added and entire word/alphas sheet to my cluster for a fun and totally new look!

IMG_4911

So next time you are challenged to create a project using a group of colors, think outside the box.  You might like what you see.  :)

Be sure and get out you Red, White, & Blue and link up your projects HERE!

As always, thank you for stopping by!  Have a fantastic Fourth of July!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I looove this layout! I have to be honest, it's not my favourite color combo usually, but you've really rocked it!!

Ashley Horton said...

Awesome take on the Red, White and Blue, Tina!

Diana Waite said...

oh my goodness I LOVE this layout--such a fun twist and GREAt picture!!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I looove this layout! I have to be honest, it's not my favourite color combo usually, but you've really rocked it!!

Ashley Horton said...

Awesome take on the Red, White and Blue, Tina!

Diana Waite said...

oh my goodness I LOVE this layout--such a fun twist and GREAt picture!!