Monday, August 26, 2013

Heaven on Earth!

Hello and Happy Monday!



Today, I'd like to share a fun, artsy, and totally hip layout! 

Watercolors are super hot right now and everyone is using them on their layouts, mixed media projects, and home decor items.  I thought I'd jump on the 'watercolor bandwagon' and create my own version of watercolor love.


To create my watercolor 'tiles', I first heat embossed several shapes to a piece of white watercolor paper.  (thick cardstock would work well too).  


Once all my shapes had been embossed, I began adding watercolor in various colors to the piece of watercolor paper.  I really love the shades of pink, purple, blue and green that were created when the watercolors mixed and mingled with each other.


Once the paper was dry, I cut it into randomly shaped squares and rectangles and stitched them to  a piece of white cardstock.  I seriously love the color on this page.  It makes me happy!


To finish my layout, I added a small picture behind layered chipboard pieces and added a chipboard strip and twine above the title.  I love this technique so much, I think I'll have to lift myself on another future layout.  :)

So get out those watercolors and make your own unique background!  

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!


4 comments:

soapHOUSEmama said...

This is totally GORGEOUS!!!!

Diana Waite said...

BEAUTIFUL use of watercolors!

Ali Parris said...

Oh my goodness Tina...this is stunning :)

jessica - craftychicgirl said...

found your blog via shimelle and i am so loving all your work! stunning!!!

4 comments:

soapHOUSEmama said...

This is totally GORGEOUS!!!!

Diana Waite said...

BEAUTIFUL use of watercolors!

Ali Parris said...

Oh my goodness Tina...this is stunning :)

jessica - craftychicgirl said...

found your blog via shimelle and i am so loving all your work! stunning!!!