Sunday, September 29, 2013

Creating Keepsakes, Mixed Media Vol. 2

Hello and Happy Sunday! 

Today, I'd like to share a mixed media layout that was part of the most recent Creating Keepsakes special publication, 'Mixed Media, Vol. 2'.  Mixed Media is my current love and I daydream (while I should be working) about getting messy with paints, inks, and medium of all types!


I was lucky enough to have 3 separate projects included in this edition, but today, I'd like to share my favorite of the group. (you'll have to grab a peek at the magazine to see the other two)  ;)

This layout actually was 'born' from my experiment drawer.  For those who have been following me for awhile, you've heard me talk about my experiment drawer.  When I want to try a new technique or just play around with some mixed media product, I keep my experiments for a future project.  This 2 page layout evolved from one of those experiments.

   
I wanted to see what type of look I'd get by adding alcohol ink directly on top of modeling paste.  The outcome was perfect! 



and some close-ups of the alcohol ink and modeling paste goodness!
 







So next time you are experimenting with new product or trying out new techniques, don't toss your experiments.  Keep them for a future project! They just may be perfect for it!

4 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

Loved your layouts in the Issue Tina, and I bookmarked this one!!

Leanne said...

Oh My Word!!! LOVE IT!!!!

AnnieC said...

Gorgeous! I love how the alcohol inks worked - wonderful pure vivid colours :o)

Diana Waite said...

what a wickedly SWEET layout!!

4 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

Loved your layouts in the Issue Tina, and I bookmarked this one!!

Leanne said...

Oh My Word!!! LOVE IT!!!!

AnnieC said...

Gorgeous! I love how the alcohol inks worked - wonderful pure vivid colours :o)

Diana Waite said...

what a wickedly SWEET layout!!