Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Little Yellow Bicycle "Feels Like Home" Cycling Team Reveal!

Hello and Happy Tuesday!



Today, I am so excited to be able to reveal my LYB, "Feels Like Home" Cycling Team projects!

A few weeks ago, I received my email Liz confirming that I would be on this team.  I was overjoyed with happiness!   This collection is what Fall is all about - Home, Family, and the Season!

Before I get to my projects, here's a peek at the entire collection!

 Isn't it gorgeous?

We only 'had' to create one project, but why stop there?  Once I started, I couldn't stop!  :)

My first project is a layout of my grandparents, as young adults!  Isn't this a fantastic photo?




"Feels Like Home" is such a great collection for showcasing vintage photos.  This layout shares a photo of my Grandparents, circa 1930's.  This collection really shares a sense of family which was perfect for the feeling I wanted to convey.  Beautiful colors, beautiful patterns, and a beautiful photo.

 


 


My second layout is one of my favorite photos from my eldest College graduation this past May.



The color palette the "Feels Like Home' collection are some of my favorites!  They are perfect for fall projects, or for documenting any family event.  Without sounding like a pun, they remind me of home.  :)  By layering stickers and die-cuts, you can create your own embellishments.  Another custom-made embellishment was made by cutting the large chevron shaped chipboard shape into smaller arrows.  I also added my own dash marks to coordinate with the dash marks on the patterned paper.  Super easy, but it really adds a personal touch.



My next project is a super quick and easy home decor piece.  I love super FAST and super EASY home decor projects!  With just a few stickers, small pieces of patterned paper, and a cheap frame, you can create home decor that can be used all year round, or during special seasons and holidays.



This project took less than an hour to complete, and will look fabulous displayed year round.




My next project is a Mini Album. I love taking inspiration from Song titles and lyrics.  The inspiration for this mini album is from the song 'In Color' by Jamey Johnson.  I have so many vintage and heritage photos from my parents and I often wonder what it was like when the photo was taken.  Black & White always convey a true sense of person and to have lived life 'back then' must have been amazing.  


Here's a peek at all of the page and some close-ups of some of my favorites!
 



The construction of the mini is simple; keeping the focus on each photo, I added a few embellishments to each page, with a title on the corresponding page.  This mini is simple, yet full of emotion, memories, and love.

My final project is another layout, full of the reason I love Autumn!


Fall is my favorite season of the year.  I love the colors of fall and the way the sun feels on your face as if it is warming you one more time before winter comes.  Fall colors are vibrant, colorful, and serene!  I wanted to represent falling leaves on my layout, so I clustered my embellishments in a flowing, downward pattern on my page.  When I look at this layout, it makes me happy!  



Whew...you stuck with me to the end!  Told ya I couldn't stop creating!  ;)

If you get a chance, hop on over to the Little Yellow Bicycle and check out what the other Cycling Team members created!  Love their projects!

Thank you for stopping by!  I hope you have a great week!


5 comments:

Heather Leopard said...

Oh my goodness! These are so flippin' fantastic. Love them, Tina!

Izzy Anderson said...

These are super fantastic, Tina!

Ashley Horton said...

Awesome projects, Tina!! Love how you used the new collection!!

Diana Waite said...

seriously GORGEOUS Tina! Love that picture of your grandparents--what a treasure!

Helen Tilbury said...

Amazing work Tina! You are a true professional!!

5 comments:

Heather Leopard said...

Oh my goodness! These are so flippin' fantastic. Love them, Tina!

Izzy Anderson said...

These are super fantastic, Tina!

Ashley Horton said...

Awesome projects, Tina!! Love how you used the new collection!!

Diana Waite said...

seriously GORGEOUS Tina! Love that picture of your grandparents--what a treasure!

Helen Tilbury said...

Amazing work Tina! You are a true professional!!