Sunday, September 1, 2013

Pinspiration Friday! With MME!

Hello and Happy Sunday! 

Each month, My Mind's Eye shares a Pinspiration Friday post!  The Design Team selects a project from our 'Inspiring Pages and Cards' board and uses it for inspiration!  I love this monthly series and always eager to get to work.



Today, I was inspired by this awesome altered clipboard wall decor!  It was created by Virginia Fynes!  


All I have to say is WOW!  These are incredible.  I love seeing normal, everyday objects altered into works of art and Virginia knocked this one out of the park.

For my project, I choose to use Virginia's concept of an altered clipboard, but grunge it up a bit!  


(Note:  Before I started my project, I removed the clip from the clipboard, so it would be easier to adhere the paper and embellishments to the board.  You can re-attach the clip to the board with 'pins', but mine is purely for decoration, so I just glued mine back on. )

I started with Find Your Wings and Fly, Up & Away, Always paper and adhered it to the clipboard with Matte Medium.  Once it was dry, I began 'grunging up' the board with ink, paint, stamps, and stencils.


I layered the 'grunge' around the board and added layered stickers and chipboard embellishments for more fun!  I also stamped several balloons on patterned paper and adhered them to the clipboard with foam squares.  




I am really pleased with how the altered clipboard turned out and it was such a fun, happy project! 

Thank you Virginia for providing your amazing Pinspiration!  Next time you are looking for an inexpensive project, find a common household item and alter it!

Thank you for stopping by!  Have a great Weekend!

1 comment:

1 comment: