Thursday, October 24, 2013

Halloween Home Decor - My Mind's Eye Style

Hello and Happy Thursday!

As the end of October approaches, I get a bit sad.  The wonderful fall weather starts to turn colder, and the leaves have all fallen from the trees.  Also, it means that Halloween is right around the corner and I will soon have to put away my Halloween decorations.  :(

No fear, there is still time to create projects that can be displayed year after year.  Printer Trays are one of my favorite home decor projects, (you already saw the Printer Tray project I created for Jenni Bowlin on this post), but I thought I'd change it up a bit for my Spooky Halloween Home Decor project for My Mind's Eye.  I used a cigar box from Jenni Bowlin and altered it using the new "Happy Hauntings' collection from My Mind's Eye and vintage inspired products from my own stash!


These are some of my favorite projects to create.  I love all the little details and I love to create little vignettes in tiny cubbies, just full of goodness!




After adding vintage paper and Happy Hauntings paper to the outside and inside of my Cigar box, I began constructing each vignette.  I used a mixture of chipboard and sticker accessories, with vintage metal embellishments and trinkets.  Each little cubbie represents Halloween in all its best, Witches, Skulls, and Creepy, Crawly things!








Don't forget the top and sides of your Cigar box.  Add more Halloween inspired goodness to the top and sides for a complete 3-D project!




I hope you enjoyed my Spooky Halloween Cigar Box!  I really enjoyed creating it and can't wait till next Halloween for more home decor projects!

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!

3 comments:

Annie Claxton said...

Wow! Tina, this looks absolutely fanTAStical! Just love all the gorgeous details :o)

Annie Claxton said...

Wow! Tina, this looks absolutely fanTAStical! Just love all the gorgeous details :o)

Juliana Michaels said...

This is just amazing Tina! I saw it up on the MME blog and had to give you some love! I also pinned it!!!

3 comments:

Annie Claxton said...

Wow! Tina, this looks absolutely fanTAStical! Just love all the gorgeous details :o)

Annie Claxton said...

Wow! Tina, this looks absolutely fanTAStical! Just love all the gorgeous details :o)

Juliana Michaels said...

This is just amazing Tina! I saw it up on the MME blog and had to give you some love! I also pinned it!!!