Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Circle of Life....

Hello and Happy Tuesday!  As the time winds down as we get closer to Christmas and the stress of Holiday shopping, over-eating, and extending yourself beyond your physical limits, I tend to lose myself in my 'studio'.  Here's an Art Journal Page I created in a moment of 'wandering'.  :)


I wanted to mimic the popular 'ombre' effect on my spread, so using several metallic shades of Creative Inspirations Paint, I painted my background.


I even heat embossed the upper edge of my page with Copper Embossing Powder for a textural look/feel.


I drew randomly sized circles across my page, then shaded each with more paint.  I added a bit of doodling around the edge of each circle, as well as a charcoal stick.



I added words that defined the 'Circle of Life' to me, and adhered them to the circles.


And it was done!  :)

As always, thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

success~it didn't ask me if you were spam this time:):) great art journal page!

Annie Claxton said...

Oh Tina, this is beautiful, it has a real sense of calm thoughtfulness to it - I love your metallic ombre effect. Happy Christmas to you! :o)

suzyb said...

Love this layout Tina. I have to learn about shading and the different techniques to achieve what I want. Very new at all this, but LOVE it and love to experiment.
Love the colours you chose and the words and everything about this one! Thanks for sharing.

Cristina - the creativemag.ro said...

Gorgeous page :)

4 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

success~it didn't ask me if you were spam this time:):) great art journal page!

Annie Claxton said...

Oh Tina, this is beautiful, it has a real sense of calm thoughtfulness to it - I love your metallic ombre effect. Happy Christmas to you! :o)

suzyb said...

Love this layout Tina. I have to learn about shading and the different techniques to achieve what I want. Very new at all this, but LOVE it and love to experiment.
Love the colours you chose and the words and everything about this one! Thanks for sharing.

Cristina - the creativemag.ro said...

Gorgeous page :)