Tuesday, December 24, 2013

♪♪ Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow.. ♪♪

Hello and Happy Christmas Eve!  Today, I'd like to share a Home Decor canvas project - Snowman Style!


I don't know about you, but I CANNOT draw!  But, I love to create art that looks like I can.  I have the perfect solution!

The Internet is a wonderful thing and is full of easy ways to help you create.  I 'googled' Adult Coloring Pages, and came across this awesome site - LucyLearns.com.  I find the perfect snowman for my project, then went to work.

Step One:  Save the image to your computer.

Step Two:  Print image on white tissue paper.  Tape a piece of tissue paper slightly larger than the image to a sheet of plain copier paper.



Step Three:  Place Tissue/Copier Paper in printer and print.


Step Four:  Adhere to project medium (canvas, watercolor paper, mixed media paper, etc.) with Matte Medium.


Step Five:  Paint.  Using the outline of the coloring page, paint and color to make it your own.

Before I painted my scene with Creative Inspirations Paint, a washed the entire background with blue water color paint.  This added a nice, wintry look to the entire project.


I painted the snowman and snow with several colors of CI paint and let dry.

To add depth and dimension, I outlined the snowman and snow with oil pastel crayons and smudged them in.


I wanted a bit of glitz, so I embossed the stars with Gold Crystal Deliquesce Embossing Powder - LOVE!  

I also embossed the outside edge of my project with a combination of the Gold Crystal Deliquesce Embossing Powder and Black Embossing Powder.  I love how this turned out.



I 'framed' my project using the back side of a wrapped canvas.  I painted the entire thing with Black Gesso to create a base color.

Then, I added a layer of Crackle Accents to create a distressed look.


Once the Crackle Accents had dried, I sprayed the outside of my 'frame' with several colors of spray mist, allowing the color to seep into the cracks.


I 'matted' my snowman with a piece of cardboard cut down to size and adhered with Scor Tape to the canvas.

I am so happy with how this turned out!  So the next time you think you can't create a project because you can't draw, try this technique out!  It is super easy and totally FUN!

1 comment:

Missy Whidden said...

I love this, Tina! What a cool and awesome idea! Your work is always so inspiring!

1 comment:

Missy Whidden said...

I love this, Tina! What a cool and awesome idea! Your work is always so inspiring!