Monday, January 20, 2014

Fun at CHA!

Hello and Happy Monday!

A week ago, I returned from the Craft & Hobby Association (CHA) Mega Meeting.  It was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.  Not only did I get some great ideas for future Frog Dog Studio kits, I met lots of my awesome Cyber Friends!  It is always great to meet friends in real life and 'talk shoppe' and just hang out!  I am already planning my trip next January and can't wait.

In addition to the awesome people aspect of CHA, I was also lucky enough to take several classes/workshops from some industry Superstars!  I'll share some of these class projects.

First up, Melissa Johnson and I attended a class by the 'one and only' Tim Holtz.  He showed us how to make the following 3 cards, plus we got to play with some of the new Tim Holtz products, Mini Distress Inks and Marker Spritzer (LOVE).







And here's a picture I snabbed from Ranger Ink on Facebook.  :)  I look so serious!


Next, we took a class from the uber Nathalie Kalbach.  We used a Creative Palette , similar to a Gelli Plate and some of her newest stamps in the class.  (I prefer the Gelli Plate over the Creative Palette. You had to work really fast with the Creative Palette and sometimes the paper stuck to the plate)  Loved it!  I haven't finished my project yet, but when I do, I'll be sure and share it here.

At the end of the day, we took a class with the Incredibly talented and inspirational Susan Lenart Kazmer. We created several ICE Resin jewelry pieces.  I will share them shortly after I finish my necklace.

The following day,  Melissa, Krissy Clark, and I attended an off-site workshop at The Art Lounge OC, owned by another awesome person, Marah Johnson.

Cheryl Mezzetti taught the class and WOW!  What an amazing teacher she is.  She is FULL of creative information and filled our heads with so much art stuff!  AND....I finally got to meet her IRL!  I hope we can hang together again in the future and perhaps take another class from her.  She is one talented woman!

We created an art journal out of plaster, found objects, and LOTS and LOTS of Splash of Color products.  (which are quickly becoming a personal favorite).



She also taught us about using wax mediums and encaustics.  My entire album cover(s) were covered in wax!  I am ADDICTED!  :)

Here's several close-ups of my art journal.  Seriously love all the texture and depth by using plaster.





Even the inside of the cover(s) are full of texture.



Lastly, I was able to get a little craft time in in my hotel room.  I created another Art Journal page by Catherine Scanlon.  I love creating with these pages.







The days spent in Southern California will be remembered for a lifetime.  I have some new friends and gained some art knowledge.  What a perfect week.

Thank you for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

Sharon Estes said...

I love these project, but my facebook link is calling your blog page as Spam you may want to check into this. Facebook can be funky.
Sharon estes

Tina said...

Hi Sharon! Thank you! :) Yes, FB has called is spam for over a year now. I've emailed them multiple times, but without success. :)

2 comments:

Sharon Estes said...

I love these project, but my facebook link is calling your blog page as Spam you may want to check into this. Facebook can be funky.
Sharon estes

Tina said...

Hi Sharon! Thank you! :) Yes, FB has called is spam for over a year now. I've emailed them multiple times, but without success. :)