Sunday, March 30, 2014

Meeting Louise....

Hello and Happy Sunday!

Yesterday, I helped the amazing folks, Jayme and Lindsay from Hazel & Ruby, at their booth at the Original Scrapbook Expo. 

It was a fun day, doing Make & Takes with the attendees, and meeting some awesome people.   As it so happened, the booth next to Hazel & Ruby, was filled by the Shimmerz.  I had no idea that they were a 'local' company, but we quickly became acquainted with each other.  And to meet Stacey and David McElyea, the owners, made for a wonderful day!

I was able to play with several Shimmerz products during the show and quickly fell in love with their amazing products:  Dazzlerz and Texturez, and several of their sprays, Coloringz, Shimmeringz, & Spritz.  Needless to say, I ended up with several of these products in my bag when I left the show, and couldn't wait to get home to create something with them.

So this is what I created!


I had been wanting to create a layout about meeting Louise Nelson, one of my longtime crafty heros!  I finally got to meet her at Winter CHA and I was in awe!

To build texture on my background, I began by using 2 Shimmerz products, 'Teal Me No Lies Texturez' and 'Sour Apple Dazzelerz'.  I really love the gorgeous texture both of these products created and the colors are bright and vibrant.



Next, I built more color and dimension with several sprays:  'Chick-a-dee Spritz', and 'Heavy Metal Shimmeringz'.  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these!


I embossed on top of this and let everything dry completely.  Next, I covered a chipboard piece from Dusty Attic with 2 colors of Dimensionz, 'Pearly Gates and Green Thumb'.  These are rich, thick, dimensional paints that are yummy!


To finish my layout, I pulled out some raw chipboard and colored it with 'Heidi Ho Blue, Coloringz'.  This is probably one of my most favorite colors!  Love the deep, bold blue! 



AND, added a few spritzes of 'Pop Art Pink, Vibez'.  This is AMAZING!  I used this product all day long during the EXPO and I just had to have it.  It is a sheer pink, with a tint of Gold shimmer!  Gorgeous!  It added the perfect touch and complete my project.

You will definately be seeing me use more of the Shimmerz product line in my future projects.  Not only is the product Top Notch, the owners are wonderful people!

And guess what?  They are having a HUGE SALE right now!  So run over to Shimmerz and take advantage of the amazing prices!  You WILL be hooked!  I'm going to add a few extra items myself.  If you mention that I sent you over, Stacey will include a little extra something in your box!  :)

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great week!

2 comments:

Natalie Elphinstone said...

What a fabulous layout Tina! Love your colours and textures... just brilliant. And I know exactly what you're talking about. I too, have a layout waiting to go live on my blog all about the time I met Louise Nelson!! It's not nearly as nice as this one though :-)

Sanna Lippert said...

gorgeous, gorgeous page! love everything about this!

2 comments:

Natalie Elphinstone said...

What a fabulous layout Tina! Love your colours and textures... just brilliant. And I know exactly what you're talking about. I too, have a layout waiting to go live on my blog all about the time I met Louise Nelson!! It's not nearly as nice as this one though :-)

Sanna Lippert said...

gorgeous, gorgeous page! love everything about this!