Wednesday, March 5, 2014

My Mind's Eye March Challenge - TAPES!



Hi and Happy Wednesday!  On Monday, My Mind's Eye announced their March challenge.  This month it's all about TAPES!  You must use 3 or more tapes in a project.

I adore decorative tape, or washi tape as it is commonly called.  Tape can be used on a multitude of projects and is always the perfect little touch.

For the challenge this month, I challenged myself to create a layout using mostly tapes.  Once I had an idea in mind, the layout design/creation took no time at all.  Here's how I created my layout, using 6 different decorative tapes from the new Record It! collections.


To start, I drew a loose rectangle in the center of my paper.  I also (using a t-square) sectioned off several areas where I wanted to place the tape.



Using a black and white pen, I doodled on each tape, using the tape design as a guide.  This really added a  whimsical and unique look to the tape.


Draw another loose rectangle around the tape section.  This will act as a frame around the tape. Embellish and color the frame with paint markers.


Add a journal card (that is also doodled), 1/2 of a doily, and a title and you are done!




Easy, quick, and really fun!

So get out that huge drawer of decorative tape, and doodle away!

Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

Libiya jhon said...

Heya, wanting around various blogging, would seem an attractive pleasant software you will be now utilizing. I'm at present making use of Hub pages for a few involving your internet sites and yet aiming to adjust one too up to some sort of base just like yours as a trial period function. Cccam Server

sandi said...

Wow Tina this is fabulous!!!!!!!!! Love what you've done with the tape.....how cleaver. Looks great!!

Debbi Tehrani said...

So fun, creative, and fabulous!

3 comments:

Libiya jhon said...

Heya, wanting around various blogging, would seem an attractive pleasant software you will be now utilizing. I'm at present making use of Hub pages for a few involving your internet sites and yet aiming to adjust one too up to some sort of base just like yours as a trial period function. Cccam Server

sandi said...

Wow Tina this is fabulous!!!!!!!!! Love what you've done with the tape.....how cleaver. Looks great!!

Debbi Tehrani said...

So fun, creative, and fabulous!