Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Scribbler Too and Clearprint Vellum Fieldbooks - A match made in Heaven!

Hello and Happy Tuesday!

Today, I have a special post that I am very excited about.

I was lucky enough to participate in the Cross Country Clearprint challenge.

The challenge is a collaborative art project where artists were selected from their Facebook fans to create one page of art in ten different field books that travel across the USA. I participated in Round Six of the challenge and here is what I created.





I had never used their Vellum Field books before, but I can say that I really love how the medium took to the vellum.  Because of the light weight nature of the vellum, you do get crinkles, but I embraced the look and really enjoyed the end product.  I used both wet and dry medium on several pages and they all worked very well with it.

(p.s. I just may see these in a future Frog Dog Studio kit)

I enjoyed using the vellum so much, I created another page that I kept for myself.





So where does the Scribbler Too come into play? 

Scribbler Too is a totally cool app that allows you to draw and as you draw it creates connection lines between your drawn lines.  Here's what both of these pages looked like before I painted them.



Awesome, isn't it? 

After I drew my scene, I saved the image and printed it out on a sheet of the Vellum.  I was amazed at how the Vellum took to the Inkjet image.

With a quick heat-set of the ink, I started painting with watercolors and paint markers.  It makes it really easy to create your own painted masterpieces. 

Here's another project I created using Scribbler Too, but this time, I printed it on a heavier weight cardstock.  (200 lb paper)





Warning:  This is very addicting!  You will be creating Scribbler Too projects everyday!  I can't get enough!

When you get a few minutes, check out the other artists who participated in Cross Country Clearprint.  There is some amazing work that has been submitted!

Thanks for stopping by today!  Have a great one!

3 comments:

Miae said...

Yeah! What a cool app, thanks for sharing it! I love what you've done with your doodles, super creative!

Diana Waite said...

WAY cute doodles--LOVE it!!

april dawn said...

Love this idea! I saw your page on their website. I'm waiting for my turn to receive my journal. I've been nervous trying to figure out what to do when it's my turn. So many different art pieces. I love your owls!

3 comments:

Miae said...

Yeah! What a cool app, thanks for sharing it! I love what you've done with your doodles, super creative!

Diana Waite said...

WAY cute doodles--LOVE it!!

april dawn said...

Love this idea! I saw your page on their website. I'm waiting for my turn to receive my journal. I've been nervous trying to figure out what to do when it's my turn. So many different art pieces. I love your owls!