Saturday, April 5, 2014

Have a Hoot of a Day!

Hello and Happy Saturday! 

Just a real quick post today!  It's been a busy weekend and I will be on my way to Ohio tomorrow for a week, but wanted to get some CREATE time in before I left.

I've been wanting to play with some of my new Shimmerz products, so I thought I'd create a cute little Owl Canvas.


This is a Tim Holtz burlap canvas and love the instant texture you get with the burlap.  This was one of those projects that went through many variations before the end result.  Mid project, I actually sprayed the entire canvas with Spray Gesso and started over.  So glad I did!

This is how it started.  A bit of gesso on the canvas and my chipboard pieces.  I picked up these chipboard pieces in Jan, while I was at the Art Lounge OC for a class.  These are super cute and perfect for what I had in mind.


Before I got to the 'spray the whole thing with gesso' stage, I experimented with different colors, products, and techniques.


Once I decided to start over, I pulled out some of these Shimmerz sprays, which are quickly becoming some of my faves!

Spritz - Treasure of Hymn
Coloringz - Heidi Ho Blue
Vibez - Grape Escape
Shimmeringz - Heavy Metal.

I covered the entire canvas, using these colors, letting the colors pool in areas for a graduated look.




For a bit of extra glitz, I covered the entire canvas with a thin layer of Blingz - Gold Glimmer!  YUM!!!


That's all for today!  I hope you have a great weekend!  Thanks for stopping by!  I means a lot to me!

3 comments:

snazzyjj said...

Super fun canvas, Tina. Say, do you know if they announced the winner of MME challenge you hosted in March? The blog said they'd announce on the first.

Tina said...

Snazzyjj: I'm not sure. You can either email Stephanie or ask on the MME Facebook page.

aliciaking said...

oh my! i love this!

3 comments:

snazzyjj said...

Super fun canvas, Tina. Say, do you know if they announced the winner of MME challenge you hosted in March? The blog said they'd announce on the first.

Tina said...

Snazzyjj: I'm not sure. You can either email Stephanie or ask on the MME Facebook page.

aliciaking said...

oh my! i love this!