Thursday, May 8, 2014

Love U card....

Hello and Happy Thursday!

Today, I'd like to share with you a super fun and super easy card, using an assortment of Hazel & Ruby, Wrap It Up papers and Pass the Tissue tissues!



Are you in love with Pattern and Color and want to use them ALL on a project?  I’ll show you how you can incorporate several designs and multiple colors, ALL on 1 card.


Using this cut design from the Silhouette Store, I cut out this cute card, from basic white cardstock. 

To incorporate multiple patterns and colors, I cut out small circles of patterned and tissue paper to fit behind each circle design.  


Instead of gluing each small circle to the back of the delicate die cut front, I cut out another piece of white cardstock, the same size as the front of my card, and traced inside each circle. 

Using this traced template for placement, I adhered each small circle to each traced circle.


Before I adhered this sheet of cardstock to my card, I painted the die cut front with watercolors in complementary colors.  This added a touch of whimsy and hand-made feel.  I added strips of scalloped washi around the outside edge of my card for a playful, dimensional look.



Super easy and super Cute!

Are you a fan of patterned paper?  Or do you prefer solid colors?  How do you incorporate multiple patterns and colors in your projects?

Thank you for stopping by!  Have a wonderful day!


1 comment:

Diana Waite said...

GREAT card-- I have those SAME paints on my desk right now!

1 comment:

Diana Waite said...

GREAT card-- I have those SAME paints on my desk right now!