Monday, May 19, 2014

Hazel & Ruby Little Secret Blog Hop!



Welcome to the Hazel & Ruby / Michaels-Arts & Crafts Reveal Party and Blog Hop!


All month long, we have been celebrating our little secret....

Michaels is now carrying our entire line of Stencil-Masks, Wrap It Up Paper, & Pass the Tissue Paper!  Now, it’s super easy to hop on over to your local store and pick up our amazing products.  We have made DIY easy and fun for everyone!

To celebrate handmade, we have gathered together some amazingly talented bloggers whose passion is to create, make and share every day. Some of these ladies will be regular contributors as part of Hazel & Ruby's Makery team, so you will see a lot more from them in the future. Each one will share project inspiration, product tips and how-to’s to teach and inspire. We are so excited to introduce you to each one of them and get ready to be awed!

For the next 2 days, you can hop around to each of their blogs, stopping by to say Hi and Hello!  Everyone is super excited to share their project ideas with you and how they were DIY inspired.

Simply follow the Blog Hop list below as you hop from one blog to the next.  Lost?  Return to the Hazel & Ruby blog to see who is next on your hopping list!


But what’s a Blog Hop without a giveaway?  Nothing, you may ask!  ;)  

In Hazel & Ruby style, we like to celebrate BIG, so we will be randomly picking a winner who will win a prize package worth $500. We will be announcing the prize package over the next couple weeks, but it will contain product from your favorite manufacturers! (we like to keep secrets, can you tell?) 

What do you need to do?  
Leave a comment on the Hazel & Ruby blog AND on the blog post of our talented makers telling us what you enjoyed most about their ideas.  Easy Peasy!

We will also be featuring each of these ladies on our Hazel & Ruby blog over the next 3 weeks.

We will select a winner on June 6th and stay tuned for more details on the prize package (oh the suspense!!)

Blog comments are due by midnight MST, June 5th to qualify for the drawing. Winners will be announced shortly after the end of the comment period, so be sure to check back to see if you've won.

Want more Party?  Don’t forget about our Instagram Party!  Get out those cell phones and take a trip to your local Michaels-Arts & Crafts Store.  Show us how much you love Hazel & Ruby by snapping a 
picture of the Hazel & Ruby display in the store.

You know what we would love even more? Take a #selfie with our display!  Tag your IG photo with #hazelandrubyslittlesecret and share it with us on Instagram. 

On June 1st, we will be selecting one (or two) winners to win the ENTIRE Hazel & Ruby collection!  How awesome is that? If you aren’t yet following Hazel & Ruby on IG…. you can find us at @hazelandrubyhandmade.  Be sure to follow us so you don’t miss out on all of the fun and creative inspiration. Remember…sharing is caring….we would love you to share our good news with your friends.

Not on Instagram?  Please share your Hazel & Ruby projects with us on Facebook.  Really and truly…one of our greatest joys is seeing what YOU create.  You never know, we may feature your project on our Blog!

Are you ready to Hop?  Let’s go!

I am SO excited for Hazel & Ruby, I created not one, but TWO projects for y'all today!

My first project features a DIY Vintage Heart Hanger.  I love creating Home Decor pieces and who couldn't resist creating with the beautiful Hazel & Ruby Paper Rolls!  These make all of your DIY project Super Simple and the Patterns and Colors are simply gorgeous.


I created a little video that shows my creative process, but before we get to the video, here's a few close-ups of my finished project.




 And the video!

 

What did you think?  Easy Peasy!

For my second project, I get a bit artsy!  I have dying to create an Art Journal page with the Stencil-Masks.  And I LOVE how it turned out.


To create this amazing texture, I placed an entire alphabet (randomly) to a piece of heavy weight paper.  I then applied Translucent Embossing Paste over the Stencil-Mask.  

I immediately removed the Stencil-Masks and let the Embossing Paste dry.  

You can already see the amazing texture this created.


Now the fun begins!  Spray the paper with some of your favorite spray mists and let dry.




I pre-planned my Sentiment, by placing the words 'Be Happy' in the center of the paper.  You can see it in the above image and colored in the below image.



Now doodle your favorite image(s) and color!  I used more Spray Mist and Montana markers (plus a black and white pen) to color my flowers.





A very simple background, but with so much interest, texture, and dimension.

I hope you enjoyed both projects today!  Thank you for hopping along with us!

Your next stop is the Hazel & Ruby Blog!

See you soon!

37 comments:

april dawn said...

Your projects are beautiful.

Pam said...

Love the Be Happy sign ! Beautiful colors and flowers.

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Love the colors on your project...would make such a great house warming gift!

Bryn said...

Thanks for the inspiration. Lovely

Lynn Richards said...

So much inspiration! Thanks for the video as well. I had a great time perusing your blog.
xo

scrapgurl14 said...

I am really feelin' the stencils. Such a fun project!

Lindsay Fekitoa said...

This embossing technique is so clever. I'm going to have to put my stencils to more use!

Amy B said...

This is too cool! I love how you used the embossing glaze with the stencils and then sprayed them!

ccledbetter said...

I love that tissue paper flower!

Donna Stocking said...

Such a cute use of the products. It is so colorful and whimsical.

Janet Zeppa said...

You are an awesome doodler!! Gorgeous projects.

Stacey said...

Love all of the layers!

FunkyTapioca said...

I Love your projects! Using the embossing paste is so cool

Just a Simple Gal - Judy in Huntsville - AL said...

GREAT projects!!! Thansk for sharing how you created them!!

Sandy said...

great zentangle & using stencils I'm in heaven

Miriam Prantner said...

Wow! What a way to end the hop, I love both your projects! The first one is just so pretty and vintage, and love the boldness and color on the second, the way you used the masks to create the background is really cool!

typogal said...

Loving your creativity! Thanks for sharing!

Denise Spillane said...

I am so glad to find this hop. The best thing about these hops is the intro to other artists. Love your post and I peeked at past posts. Your work is fun and inspiring.

Denise Spillane said...

I am so glad to find this hop. The best thing about these hops is the intro to other artists. Love your post and I peeked at past posts. Your work is fun and inspiring.

Amy C. said...

Beautiful! Your hanging heart piece is so pretty and you did a wonderful job on the canvas. I'm so inspired!

suzieq23 said...

Love the art journal page you created with the Hazel and Ruby products. Love the colors. The wall hanging is really neat too. Thanks for the tut so I can play and create with H&R's products as soon as I get to Michael's.
suzschultz23@aol.com

scrappymanila said...

Mess + color = a happy crafter!

Margie H said...

Fabulous home decor piece and a "WOW" art journal page!! Thanks for the amazing eye candy/inspiration :)

Meghan Thimjon said...

Love your art journal page!!!

Amber Sheaves said...

That home decor piece is just beautiful! And I love the art journal page too!

Krista said...

Stunning pieces! I have one of those hangers just sitting there waiting to be used, thanks for the wonderful inspiration! And I love the colours on your awesome journal page!!!

Linsey said...

Oh Tina, I really did enjoy it very much! Both your gorgeous mixed media canvas and your vintage heart hanger decoration are absolutely fantastic! I love your sweet dotted tissue paper flower which hollers Hazel and Ruby!! I must get my hands on those stencils, they look amazing. Thanks so much for sharing this beautiful inspiration and being a part of the hop w/bonus video tutorials!!! LOVE! :)

Jeanne Ann said...

I love both projects. Really shows off the uses for the products!

Kelly Massman said...

i love your be happy canvas! love you you embossed the letters as the background--cool technique!

JPScraps said...

Two GREAT projects! I love the journal page.

Kelly Malacko said...

Wow! Awesome!

Dawn LL said...

Two wonderful projects you shared...love how you showcased the products...oh yea I want all of the supplies you used.

BethW said...

Great projects-and thank you so much for the video!Great inspiration-the heart would so sweet in a nurser,and I'd love to make a bird with the blue chevron paper.Maybe use real lace around the edges? I have quite a bit of the rhinestone chain-I'd thought about coloring it with alcohol inks. Very nice to know it will work and how to do it. Amazing-you plus Hazel and Ruby have got my creativity cooking-thank you!
Beth Williams

Gina200 said...

Wow, this turned out beautifully! love what you did with these products.

stewartfamilylife said...

I love your projects! Great video tutorial too! The kids and I have been wanting to make our own art journals. It'll be our first summer project using your tutorial! Thank you for the inspiration!

marylouh said...

the flowers are so happy. Love the colors and the design. the heart is great - it's small enough that it doesn't take a lot of room and can be displayed in many areas.
thanks for sharing.

Heather Thompson said...

absolutely stunning, great colors, love the texture and design.

37 comments:

april dawn said...

Your projects are beautiful.

Pam said...

Love the Be Happy sign ! Beautiful colors and flowers.

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Love the colors on your project...would make such a great house warming gift!

Bryn said...

Thanks for the inspiration. Lovely

Lynn Richards said...

So much inspiration! Thanks for the video as well. I had a great time perusing your blog.
xo

scrapgurl14 said...

I am really feelin' the stencils. Such a fun project!

Lindsay Fekitoa said...

This embossing technique is so clever. I'm going to have to put my stencils to more use!

Amy B said...

This is too cool! I love how you used the embossing glaze with the stencils and then sprayed them!

ccledbetter said...

I love that tissue paper flower!

Donna Stocking said...

Such a cute use of the products. It is so colorful and whimsical.

Janet Zeppa said...

You are an awesome doodler!! Gorgeous projects.

Stacey said...

Love all of the layers!

FunkyTapioca said...

I Love your projects! Using the embossing paste is so cool

Just a Simple Gal - Judy in Huntsville - AL said...

GREAT projects!!! Thansk for sharing how you created them!!

Sandy said...

great zentangle & using stencils I'm in heaven

Miriam Prantner said...

Wow! What a way to end the hop, I love both your projects! The first one is just so pretty and vintage, and love the boldness and color on the second, the way you used the masks to create the background is really cool!

typogal said...

Loving your creativity! Thanks for sharing!

Denise Spillane said...

I am so glad to find this hop. The best thing about these hops is the intro to other artists. Love your post and I peeked at past posts. Your work is fun and inspiring.

Denise Spillane said...

I am so glad to find this hop. The best thing about these hops is the intro to other artists. Love your post and I peeked at past posts. Your work is fun and inspiring.

Amy C. said...

Beautiful! Your hanging heart piece is so pretty and you did a wonderful job on the canvas. I'm so inspired!

suzieq23 said...

Love the art journal page you created with the Hazel and Ruby products. Love the colors. The wall hanging is really neat too. Thanks for the tut so I can play and create with H&R's products as soon as I get to Michael's.
suzschultz23@aol.com

scrappymanila said...

Mess + color = a happy crafter!

Margie H said...

Fabulous home decor piece and a "WOW" art journal page!! Thanks for the amazing eye candy/inspiration :)

Meghan Thimjon said...

Love your art journal page!!!

Amber Sheaves said...

That home decor piece is just beautiful! And I love the art journal page too!

Krista said...

Stunning pieces! I have one of those hangers just sitting there waiting to be used, thanks for the wonderful inspiration! And I love the colours on your awesome journal page!!!

Linsey said...

Oh Tina, I really did enjoy it very much! Both your gorgeous mixed media canvas and your vintage heart hanger decoration are absolutely fantastic! I love your sweet dotted tissue paper flower which hollers Hazel and Ruby!! I must get my hands on those stencils, they look amazing. Thanks so much for sharing this beautiful inspiration and being a part of the hop w/bonus video tutorials!!! LOVE! :)

Jeanne Ann said...

I love both projects. Really shows off the uses for the products!

Kelly Massman said...

i love your be happy canvas! love you you embossed the letters as the background--cool technique!

JPScraps said...

Two GREAT projects! I love the journal page.

Kelly Malacko said...

Wow! Awesome!

Dawn LL said...

Two wonderful projects you shared...love how you showcased the products...oh yea I want all of the supplies you used.

BethW said...

Great projects-and thank you so much for the video!Great inspiration-the heart would so sweet in a nurser,and I'd love to make a bird with the blue chevron paper.Maybe use real lace around the edges? I have quite a bit of the rhinestone chain-I'd thought about coloring it with alcohol inks. Very nice to know it will work and how to do it. Amazing-you plus Hazel and Ruby have got my creativity cooking-thank you!
Beth Williams

Gina200 said...

Wow, this turned out beautifully! love what you did with these products.

stewartfamilylife said...

I love your projects! Great video tutorial too! The kids and I have been wanting to make our own art journals. It'll be our first summer project using your tutorial! Thank you for the inspiration!

marylouh said...

the flowers are so happy. Love the colors and the design. the heart is great - it's small enough that it doesn't take a lot of room and can be displayed in many areas.
thanks for sharing.

Heather Thompson said...

absolutely stunning, great colors, love the texture and design.