Friday, May 30, 2014

Hazel & Ruby Stencil-Masks!

Hello and Happy Friday!

Today, I'd like to share several of my Hazel & Ruby Stencil-Mask canvases and wall art pieces. 

I must admit, creating these is addicting and SUPER EASY AND FUN!

This past week, I was on vacation back in Ohio.  My niece saw this Wall Art piece at a local hobby store and asked me to 'make her one'.  :)


I'm sure you've been in that situation where you see a cute project in a store or hobby shoppe, but don't want to either: pay the retail price, or want to make it yourself, putting your own touches on the project.   So that was us and off we went gathering supplies to make our own.

I told my sister about the amazing Hazel & Ruby Stencil-Masks and how perfect they would be for this project.  So she purchased 3 different sizes, a canvas, and paint.

I must confess, this was a rather fussy project at first....taping off each section/grid and painting the undercoat then the overcoat with the stencil in place.  But once I had a rhythm going, I finished it pretty quick.



I wasn't getting the clean outline I was originally looking for, but instead of getting frustrated, I embraced imperfection and added to the unique look, by outlining each letter with a Stabilo All pencil and adding water.  I really love how this turned out.


I also covered the entire canvas with crackle paint and added a thin layer of brown spray mist to 'age' the canvas.  It toned down the bright white and added more texture.


And the finished piece!



What do you think?  Do you like the original one better?

Here's a few more of my Hazel & Ruby canvases I have made during the past month. 













Once you get started on these, it is really hard to stop!

Do you have any of the Hazel & Ruby Stencil-Masks?  If yes, I'd love to see your projects!

Thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

No comments: