Sunday, May 25, 2014

Imagine Crafts/Tsukinedo and Viva Las Vegas Stamps Team Up!

Hello and Happy Sunday!

Mixed Media Blog Hop 

Welcome to the IMAGINE Crafts and Viva Las VegaStamps! Blog Hop.  For the next week, our two design teams will be featuring some amazing projects featuring products from both our companies.   Amazing stamps require amazing ink, right?

Mixed Media Prize Package

We're proud to announce your chance to win one of three different Mixed Media Prize Packages from IMAGINE Crafts and Viva Las VegaStamps!  You have until midnight PST on Sunday, May 31st 2014  to comment on as many of the Design Team Blog Posts from this week as possible. On Monday, June 1st  we’ll draw three random blog posts and one comment from each of those posts will win a prize package!

Ready for some inspiration from our artists?

Here's today's posts from IMAGINE Crafts:

And from Viva Las VegaStamps!:


If you're just joining us on the Mixed Media Blog Hop, you can go here for yesterday's list of blogs.   ***Blog Hop Hint – if you click on a link that takes you to a page saying something like, “Sorry this page cannot be found” just click on the header at the top of the blog (usually a picture or the blog’s name) and it will take you to that blog’s most recent post. That post *should* be our hop. If not, you can probably scroll down a short way to find the hop post.

I have two super fun projects to share with you today!.  For the past 2 months, I've been lucky enough to be Guesting with Viva Las Vegas Stamps.  I've never really created, with a focus on stamping, so this has been expanding my creative abilities and I've had so much fun.

This month, the team from VLVS is teaming up with the wonderful folks from Imagine Crafts/Tsukinedo!  And WOW, the projects are unbelievable.  Imagine Crafts was VERY generous and sent us an entire box of goodies to play, and I wasn't sure exactly where to start.

I've been playing with my Gelli Plate a lot recently, so I thought it would be fun to pull out my plate once again and create using ink pads, instead of acrylic paint.  I am obsessed.  I love how the ink pulls the print and the totally different look you get with ink vs. paint.

I created two separate projects using my prints, so let's get right to them.


Hands Art Journal Page 
 

Using the same techniques that I would use when printing with acrylic paint (with stencils and texture tools), I applied Memento Luxe Ink to my Gelli Plate, giving it a spritz of water.  Some prints were made by (1) applying the ink directly to the plate by randomly creating layers of color and others were were made by (2) using stencils for more pattern and designs.

For my Art Journal page, the background was created using the above method (1).  You get a very subtle mix of color and texture.  Beautiful for backgrounds.


I stamped (with Versafine ink) the edge of my page with 'Whimsical Diver' and 'Color Wheel Lines'.  



I added a bit of doodling with Memento Markers and it was complete.


For the center of my page, I stamped 'Hand Circus', then doodled again.  I finished my page off with my quote.  Viola!  Easy peasy!



Me, Myself, & I Layout


Using Gelli Print method (2) above, I created several prints.

I stamped (with Memento Luxe Ink) a print with 'Zentangle'.  I then cut cut randomly size rectangles stitched them to a larger Gelli Print.  There is so much depth of color and texture.  Just love this!



To bring in the same pattern from the Gelli Print, I also stamped (with Memento Luxe Ink) painted chipboard alphas for a whimsical touch.


For more texture, I covered my white cardstock with Creative Medium through a stencil.  It's a subtle look, but adds so much.


I hope you enjoyed my projects today!  Have a Gelli Plate?  Experiment with it!  I'd love to hear about your new techniques.

Have a great one!


32 comments:

herminesplace said...

Gorgeous artwork!

Lovely Linda said...

I am loving this - the colours are perfect and your details - perfect! You have put so much into your projects and it shows - thanks for the inspiration! :)

Lindart said...

Love the hands journal page! The saying is very fitting, and the lettering is very cool!

curlyqmosaics said...

You are such a great artist! I love all the inspiring art and layouts you share daily! Thank you! :)

curlyqmosaics said...

You are such a great artist! I love all the inspiring art and layouts you share daily! Thank you! :)

Susan M. Brown {sbartist} said...

Tina... two amazing creations and it's so nice to see your SMILING face [though I do love your dog also}. I love how you've layered and stacked the stamps in the border. Your use of using the zentangle stamps in the letters - GENIUS!

barbara macaskill said...

The art journal page is awesome! I love all the images and doodling and the colors ROCK!
Your layout is so fun! Love the pinwheel! You have created so much depth with all of the images and elements! TFS!

Annie said...

Cool pages! That first page edge sure has caught my attention. I didn't even "see" the diver stamp until reading about it! Very clever transformation for those two stamps.

Sheri said...

Great pages!

Blue Rose said...

Tina,
Great projects. The journal is awesome, great colors.

Allie Gower said...

Amazing, I love all of your projects and your stunning use of color. Thanks for sharing!

Anita Gambrell said...

A very nice and positive card is great in this day and time, thanks for the inspiration!

Linsey said...

Wow, this is incredible! And you are so very inspiring. Thank you for making me think I can create art too. :)

Gloria Westerman said...

Oh I love this...and great background...love it..tfs

Gloria Westerman said...

Oh I love this...and great background..love the tagles too...love it..tfs

C said...

LOVE your projects - thanks for sharing the details.

marylouh said...

the hand is amazing. It contains so many items from the day in a life. Me,myself, and I is great. We don't do enough journaling about ourselves. Great projects.

Robin B. said...

Gorgeous journal page and layout! I love the colors, thanks for sharing.

Barbara Rankin said...

Both of your projects are so wonderful. I love the depth of colors you got with the gelli plate, and the layout is particularly pretty. TFS

JPScraps said...

Love both the page and the layout! They're both beautiful! I haven't tried using a gelli plate....yet.

sue k said...

Two beautiful projects. Love all of your elements and techniques.

Sue
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

Mary C. Nasser said...

Wow! Two wonderful projects!
Love the inspiring quote and all your layers!

Karen Petitt said...

Beautiful stamping love every little detail - thank you for the hop and for sharing this gorgeous layout with us Karen x

grammypat said...

Love your hands art journal -- so brilliant , colourful and interesting. Thanks for sharing

TracyM #6773 said...

WOW - BOTH projects are FABULOUS!!!
LOVE your layout, great colors, design, photos & title.
ABSOLUTELY ADORE your journal page - it is STUNNING, such an EXCITING piece, so much AMAZING detail and WONDERFUL words to LIVE by too!!!
THANK YOU for sharing your AWESOME CREATIVE INSPIRATION - I have added lots of techniques & products on my list to try :)

McStamper said...

Love your fantastic projects. Your work is amazing and I love the "past saying."

Denise Spillane said...

I love this post. The pieces are great and so are the colors, I especially love the hands one, so true

Linda T said...

Both of you're projects are so beautiful. The hand page is just incredible. Beautiful artwork. I love you're layout also and how you added that beautiful pinwheel. I have to learn how to add more variety of colors to my cards and layouts.

Cynthia Clark said...

Wow, the depth you achieved on your 'hand' page background is amazing.

vinita jain said...

Two awesome projects!!! Your journal page is so creative and the layout is just fab!!!

Roberta B said...

Thank you for sharing!! you have inspired me to work more in my art journal now!!!

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Oh my gosh, you are so talented! Amazing work. Love the colors and the doodle details! You put so much of your style into your art! Love that!

32 comments:

herminesplace said...

Gorgeous artwork!

Lovely Linda said...

I am loving this - the colours are perfect and your details - perfect! You have put so much into your projects and it shows - thanks for the inspiration! :)

Lindart said...

Love the hands journal page! The saying is very fitting, and the lettering is very cool!

curlyqmosaics said...

You are such a great artist! I love all the inspiring art and layouts you share daily! Thank you! :)

curlyqmosaics said...

You are such a great artist! I love all the inspiring art and layouts you share daily! Thank you! :)

Susan M. Brown {sbartist} said...

Tina... two amazing creations and it's so nice to see your SMILING face [though I do love your dog also}. I love how you've layered and stacked the stamps in the border. Your use of using the zentangle stamps in the letters - GENIUS!

barbara macaskill said...

The art journal page is awesome! I love all the images and doodling and the colors ROCK!
Your layout is so fun! Love the pinwheel! You have created so much depth with all of the images and elements! TFS!

Annie said...

Cool pages! That first page edge sure has caught my attention. I didn't even "see" the diver stamp until reading about it! Very clever transformation for those two stamps.

Sheri said...

Great pages!

Blue Rose said...

Tina,
Great projects. The journal is awesome, great colors.

Allie Gower said...

Amazing, I love all of your projects and your stunning use of color. Thanks for sharing!

Anita Gambrell said...

A very nice and positive card is great in this day and time, thanks for the inspiration!

Linsey said...

Wow, this is incredible! And you are so very inspiring. Thank you for making me think I can create art too. :)

Gloria Westerman said...

Oh I love this...and great background...love it..tfs

Gloria Westerman said...

Oh I love this...and great background..love the tagles too...love it..tfs

C said...

LOVE your projects - thanks for sharing the details.

marylouh said...

the hand is amazing. It contains so many items from the day in a life. Me,myself, and I is great. We don't do enough journaling about ourselves. Great projects.

Robin B. said...

Gorgeous journal page and layout! I love the colors, thanks for sharing.

Barbara Rankin said...

Both of your projects are so wonderful. I love the depth of colors you got with the gelli plate, and the layout is particularly pretty. TFS

JPScraps said...

Love both the page and the layout! They're both beautiful! I haven't tried using a gelli plate....yet.

sue k said...

Two beautiful projects. Love all of your elements and techniques.

Sue
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

Mary C. Nasser said...

Wow! Two wonderful projects!
Love the inspiring quote and all your layers!

Karen Petitt said...

Beautiful stamping love every little detail - thank you for the hop and for sharing this gorgeous layout with us Karen x

grammypat said...

Love your hands art journal -- so brilliant , colourful and interesting. Thanks for sharing

TracyM #6773 said...

WOW - BOTH projects are FABULOUS!!!
LOVE your layout, great colors, design, photos & title.
ABSOLUTELY ADORE your journal page - it is STUNNING, such an EXCITING piece, so much AMAZING detail and WONDERFUL words to LIVE by too!!!
THANK YOU for sharing your AWESOME CREATIVE INSPIRATION - I have added lots of techniques & products on my list to try :)

McStamper said...

Love your fantastic projects. Your work is amazing and I love the "past saying."

Denise Spillane said...

I love this post. The pieces are great and so are the colors, I especially love the hands one, so true

Linda T said...

Both of you're projects are so beautiful. The hand page is just incredible. Beautiful artwork. I love you're layout also and how you added that beautiful pinwheel. I have to learn how to add more variety of colors to my cards and layouts.

Cynthia Clark said...

Wow, the depth you achieved on your 'hand' page background is amazing.

vinita jain said...

Two awesome projects!!! Your journal page is so creative and the layout is just fab!!!

Roberta B said...

Thank you for sharing!! you have inspired me to work more in my art journal now!!!

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Oh my gosh, you are so talented! Amazing work. Love the colors and the doodle details! You put so much of your style into your art! Love that!