Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pocket Style Mini Album

Hello and Happy Tuesday!

Last week, I shared this SUPER DUPER EASY and way fun Mini Album on the My Mind's Eye Blog.

I love easy, colorful, and fun, and this Mini Album has all of that.





I am not a pocket style crafter.  Since my children are grown, my daily activities and moments are pretty non-eventful and boring…But, I do adore pocket style products, such as journal cards and small embellishments. 

Last year, I attended an event that was on my bucket list, the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta.  It was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!  I have hundreds of photos that have been waiting for that perfect project, so I thought a Mini Album would be the perfect way to showcase some of my favorite photos of my trip.

To prepare for my Mini Album assembly, I printed several of my favorite photos in the same sizes as the journal cards and notched the corners with a corner punch. (4x3 and 4x6).






Using the pre-made 4x3 and 4x6 journal cards, transparent overlays, and wood veneer pieces, I assembled my album with ease.  I LOVE how the transparent overlays looked over top my photos and cards.  No need to distract from their beauty by adding more embellishments.






I used a 4x6 wood veneer as my ‘cover’, and added the smaller 4x3 ones inside my album. 






Using enamel dots and shapes, flair, chipboard and buttons, I embellished several of the cards for a personal touch.





To finish the assembling, I punched 4 holes and held it together with binder rings, one of my favorite Mini Album ‘fasteners’.


Are you a pocket style crafter?  If not, how do you use pocket style product in your crafting?

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!


4 comments:

Miae said...

Oh my word! Masterfully done pocket pages mini...scrumptious!

Diana Waite said...

SO clever--really like how you used the smaller cards and larger ones--BEAUTIFUL!

Leanne said...

Oh my word!! just stunning!! LOVE it!

SerendipityCraft said...

Wowww i totally love it!!! it's summer, it's fun, it' beautiful... i like a lot this mini book album from cards. I love too this mini minis, because i don't like larger photos. Thanks for share with us this project! Hugs Sheila

4 comments:

Miae said...

Oh my word! Masterfully done pocket pages mini...scrumptious!

Diana Waite said...

SO clever--really like how you used the smaller cards and larger ones--BEAUTIFUL!

Leanne said...

Oh my word!! just stunning!! LOVE it!

SerendipityCraft said...

Wowww i totally love it!!! it's summer, it's fun, it' beautiful... i like a lot this mini book album from cards. I love too this mini minis, because i don't like larger photos. Thanks for share with us this project! Hugs Sheila