Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Believe you can, Art Journal Page

Hello and Happy Wednesday!

Yesterday, I was up on the UmWowStudio blog with an Art Journal page, using some of my favorite UWS products and PanPastels.  UWS products are so versatile and can be used on a multitude of projects.  Combined with PanPastels, the possibilities are endless.


To begin 'building' my page, I drew several 'rays' extending from the bottom of my page. 


On alternating rays, I applied Translucent Embossing Paste with the "Hexagon Confetti Stencil", making sure the embossing paste did not migrate to the bordering ray.






Once the paste was dry, I applied several shades of PanPastels to the rays and blended.  I love how the embossing paste resisted the PanPastel and how each shade of PanPastel blended with the other(s).

On each opposite ray, I adhered a piece of patterned paper and colored with another PanPastel color.

Special tip:  I 'set' my PanPastels with a few spritzes of water.  You can also use a fixative or hairspray to set the pastels so they do not rub off.



I then doodled on each of these PanPastel paper rays with Acrylic Paint markers and doodling pens.



Looks great, doesn't it?

To finish off my Art Journal page, I doodled a large sentiment on a ray 'painted' with PanPastels, then added a smaller sentiment, using "Alpha One" chipboard. 



What a fantastic impact, with nominal work.  I simply love using UmWowStudio stencils with PanPastels.  They are a match made in heaven!

Thank you for stopping by!  Have a great day!


No comments:

No comments: