Friday, June 20, 2014

Hazel & Ruby and Kiwi Lane Designs Team Up!

Hello and Happy Friday!

This month, Hazel & Ruby is teaming up with Kiwi Lane Designs!  I've created a couple of projects and just using these templates!


IMG_9560a

Have I mentioned how much I LOVE Hazel & Ruby 'Pass the Tissue' paper rolls? Well I'm saying it again! These are FABBO!! They come in such amazing designs and patterns and are just the right thickness for SO many projects. I used Ephemera Collage Tissue to create a background for a Mixed Media canvas.

I adhered the tissue paper to my canvas using Decoupage. (you can use any adhesive medium: Mod Podge, Gel Medium, etc.). I was sure to wrap the edges of my canvas with the tissue paper as well.

20140605_171835

Once the Decopage dried, I used several of the Kiwi Lane Design templates from the 'Spook Alley' set. These are such and versatile templates and great for any type of project. I placed them horizontally across my canvas and drew several sections with the templates.
(if you look close, you can see the light pencil marks across my canvas)

20140606_202757

Using several shades of blue and green paint, I painted in alternate sections of the canvas. I love how the tissue paper is still visible on the opposite sections.
(I wanted the tissue paper to be slightly visible through the paint, so I used Distress Paint since it has a semi-transparent feature)

  
IMG_9567

I wanted some shimmer to my canvas, so I added a layer of Blingz on top of the Distress Paint.

Using some favorite (short) quotes, I hand drew the quotes within each un-painted section, following the shape of the section as a guide. This is such a fun, whimsical way to journal.

 

IMG_9565

I added some doodling around the letters and outlined each section with a black acrylic paint marker and a white pen. To finish the painted sections, I dabbed circles of Dimensionz along the edge.

IMG_9561

And that is it! :)
Designer Templates work fabulously with Hazel & Ruby Paper Rolls. Flowers are always a favorite design element of mine, so when I received the 'Accent' template set from Kiwi Lane, I knew exactly what I wanted to create, a bright and colorful wall art piece.

IMG_9543a

Kiwi Lane Templates are super easy to use and are foolproof! Love that!

To create the backdrop for my frame, I covered the frame insert 'photo' with a piece of 'Pass the Tissue, Quote Collage'. (seriously one of my favorite products). No need to be perfect or exact - just add a few strips of tape adhesive and 'stick it down'. :)

20140603_185741

Put the frame insert back into the frame and you are done with the backdrop. How's that for fast?

20140603_185918

Next, cut a piece of your favorite Hazel & Ruby Wrap it Up Paper, (I choose Crazy for Chevy, Corals, Full of Heart, & Statement Floral) and flip the paper over. Trace a Kiwi Lane Designs flower template several times. (I used 2 different designs of flower templates for variety). I like to trace on the back of the paper so I don't have to erase the outline. If using a template with a definite right and wrong side, be sure to place the correct side up.)

20140603_183753

I wanted a bit of shimmer to my flower 'petals' so I sprayed them with a spray mist, crinkling the wet paper carefully. (Handle the wet paper gently as it may rip when wet)
For the center of my flower piece, I cut several rectangles from Bubble Gum White Polka Dot. Again, no need to be perfect.

20140603_184510

Taking 6 of the rectangles, I cut a decorate shape from the tissue paper. (in this example, I cut a scallop edge).

20140603_184623

Attach with a staple. (you will cover this up with several sequins, or you can also attach with a decorative brad)

20140603_184652

Crinkle and shape your flower center and spray with spray mist.

20140603_184724

Adhere the flower center to the flower petals and glue to the center of your frame backdrop.

IMG_9547

Add a few Hazel & Ruby sequins to the center of the flower and you have completed your first wall art!


IMG_9548a

How is that for easy and quick?

I hope you enjoyed my projects today! Have a great weekend!
 Signature-FDS

No comments:

No comments: