Friday, June 6, 2014

#the 2 of us Tag!

Hello and Happy Friday!

Today, I'd like to share a Mixed Media Tag with y'all!


Tags are always one of my favorite projects to make.  I love the compact size and the unique shape.  Sometimes, a full 12x12, 9x12, or 8x10 project can be overwhelming, so when I just want to create art, a Tag is my usual suspect.

This tag is different than most tags I've created.  The base or background is actually a thick, Heavy Grey/White Board from PaperArtsy.  I recently came across these and LOVE THEM!  I used a 90mm x 178mm size for my project.

To start, I covered both with a think layer of Gesso.  Once the Gesso was dry, I 'painted' Lindy's Spray Mist and Color Shots on to the Circle Confetti Mask from UWS.  Yes, the paint drips through the holes, but I wanted a random, not perfect image.  I placed the mask on the tag and board, letting the color blend.  You can see the subtle image of circles from the mask.


Once the mist/colorshots were dry, I stamped each piece with Distress Ink, for a soft image.

I was loving the bluish tones of my 2 pieces, but wanted a bit more color.  Red is ALWAYS my go-to color for a splash of color...so red it was.

I stamped a large Heart on a spare tag, and heat embossed.  I did the same on the board, with a circle stamp.  (These are both stamps from the new Dina Wakley Media collection - aren't they divine?)

This was the perfect POP of color I was looking for.


To finish off my tag, I dipped (yes, literally dipped), several Layered Triangle chips, and a piece from the Family Hashtag collection into a Moon Shadow Ink from Lindy's.  I love the raw look of the chip with the subtle glimmer.

It only took a hour or so to complete my tag ensemble, but I was able to get my hands messy and create a bit.  Just what the doctor ordered.

Thank you for stopping by!  Have a great day!

2 comments:

Dara Lynn said...

Great process on those tags Tina! Loooove the Dina stamps...currently my favorites!

Leanne said...

wow! amazing!!!

2 comments:

Dara Lynn said...

Great process on those tags Tina! Loooove the Dina stamps...currently my favorites!

Leanne said...

wow! amazing!!!