Monday, July 21, 2014

UmWOWStudio and Susan K. Weckesser Team Up!



Hello and Happy Monday!

Welcome to the SUMMER BLOG HOP between UmWowStudio and Susan K. Weckesser Inc. We'll be sharing gorgeous bright and shining inspiration with you from both teams all week long. Be sure to keep visiting, hopping and commenting to enter to win one of TWO prize packages. Each day is chock full of goodness and we don't want you to miss a thing." 

Today, I am sharing two projects, incorporating product from both companies.

My first project is a mixed media canvas that SCREAMS summer! I am so in love with the color palette on this project and the texture is so delicious.


To create the background on my canvas, I applied modeling paste to the UWS LIGHTBULB MASK, creating ‘sun-rays’.  I focused on the lightbulb rays and top of the light bulb portion only.  You can never tell this is from a Lightbulb mask.  ;) To create the ocean waves, I used the wave pattern from a SKW Stencil.


Once the paste was dry, I adding color to my canvas with several shades of Shimmerz Sprays.  I wanted a bit more texture, so I also added several coordinating shades of Shimmerz Paints.  The paints are a chunky glitter type consistency which creates amazing texture.



To create my canvas scene, I stamped the sailboat from the Sail Away Stamp set, from Susan K Weckesser.  I colored the image with Inklingz – a watercolor paint.  Once it was dry, I doodled on the stamped image with a black and white pen.  I adhered it to my canvas with foam tape.


I added two UWS Layered Star chipboard embellishments, and created my sentiment, using Alpha One chip.  


I am so happy with how this turned out.  This color palette is one of my faves!  

My second project is a simply designed layout.  


Using strips from Live In Color paper collection, by Susan K Weckesser, I stitched them to my cardstock, alternating straight and zig-zag stitches.  It’s amazing how much a simple stitch adds to a layout.


My embellishment choice is also simple, keeping with the theme.  I layered both pieces of the Doily Chip set, keeping them in their raw state.  I love the look of raw chipboard.  Do you?  I added a piece of flair from the Moonshine Flair set to finish it off.  


Done!
Be sure and hop on over to the UWS blog all week long for more amazing inspiration and how-to’s.


13 comments:

katiebug92 said...

these are both gorgeous, but I love the canvas!!

Brianna Lynn said...

beautiful projects Tina, love your genius of using the bulb stencil as a sun!!!Great idea with a fabulous outcome!

Heather Thompson said...

that is so cool!!! love it. great pictures.

Carmen Whitehead said...

Beautiful colors, you really captured the sunset.

Shari Czerwinski said...

Love all the colors and texture with the sail boat and sun. Thanks for sharing the details!

luraisat said...

i just love this, amazing art and looks like something i could come close to creating. thank you for hte inspiration.

lurabrown@gmail.com

butterfly said...

Amazing colours and texture on the canvas - love that shimmer! - and love that the rosette takes pride of place on your simple, elegant layout. Great makes!
Alison x

Amante del Papel said...

Beautiful and amazing canvas!

Jen Gallacher said...

Wow! Both projects are just stunning. I really need to get my hands messy and try a mixed media project. :)

cghundley said...

Lovely layout and
the canvas piece is
delightful! So bright
and cheerful.
Carla from Utah

Tanya McAlexander said...

Very gorgeous peice and i really love the texture and using the bulb as a sun is an awesome idea. Thank you for the idea...it will be useful in the future.

marylouh said...

I love the nautical piece. There is so much movement with the waves. The raised rays from the sun is so pretty. Beautiful piece.
Love the layout with the fancy wood piece. Looks like a piece of antique jewelry. thanks for sharing two great pieces.

TracyM #6773 said...

Your canvas is SO BRIGHT & CHEERY and your layout SO ELEGANT Tina!!!
LOVE the colors & textures of "chase the sunset" and WOW, the layered Doily Chips are stunning with the CAS layout design!!!
THANK YOU for sharing your CREATIVE INSPIRATION!!!

13 comments:

katiebug92 said...

these are both gorgeous, but I love the canvas!!

Brianna Lynn said...

beautiful projects Tina, love your genius of using the bulb stencil as a sun!!!Great idea with a fabulous outcome!

Heather Thompson said...

that is so cool!!! love it. great pictures.

Carmen Whitehead said...

Beautiful colors, you really captured the sunset.

Shari Czerwinski said...

Love all the colors and texture with the sail boat and sun. Thanks for sharing the details!

luraisat said...

i just love this, amazing art and looks like something i could come close to creating. thank you for hte inspiration.

lurabrown@gmail.com

butterfly said...

Amazing colours and texture on the canvas - love that shimmer! - and love that the rosette takes pride of place on your simple, elegant layout. Great makes!
Alison x

Amante del Papel said...

Beautiful and amazing canvas!

Jen Gallacher said...

Wow! Both projects are just stunning. I really need to get my hands messy and try a mixed media project. :)

cghundley said...

Lovely layout and
the canvas piece is
delightful! So bright
and cheerful.
Carla from Utah

Tanya McAlexander said...

Very gorgeous peice and i really love the texture and using the bulb as a sun is an awesome idea. Thank you for the idea...it will be useful in the future.

marylouh said...

I love the nautical piece. There is so much movement with the waves. The raised rays from the sun is so pretty. Beautiful piece.
Love the layout with the fancy wood piece. Looks like a piece of antique jewelry. thanks for sharing two great pieces.

TracyM #6773 said...

Your canvas is SO BRIGHT & CHEERY and your layout SO ELEGANT Tina!!!
LOVE the colors & textures of "chase the sunset" and WOW, the layered Doily Chips are stunning with the CAS layout design!!!
THANK YOU for sharing your CREATIVE INSPIRATION!!!