Monday, September 29, 2014

Butterfly ATCs created with 100 Proof Press Stamps



Hello and Happy Monday!  Last week, I shared my final September Guest Designer post over on the 100 Proof Press stamps blogMy final project was a trio of ATC cards that I simply love!


ATC cards are favorite project design that I often create.  There is something about the small size that is not overwhelming.  I love creating them in three's, using the same design, but with different color palettes or sentiments.  

I wanted to create unique ATC cards, so I started my cards by painting a sheet of heavyweight cardstock with several shades of ShimmerzInklingz.  Inklingz are a watercolor full of shimmer and goodness.

(Remember:  If you order from Shimmerz, mention my name in the "Instructions to Merchant" section and receive FREE product with your order)


Once the Inklingz had dried, I added several stamps and doodles to my background.  This background by itself would have been beautiful for an Art Journal or Mixed Media scrapbook layout page.



5817X
5948W
4220R
4221R


I wanted to pull the stamping into the background, so I added a wash of watered down gesso over the entire page.  I applied the wash with my fingers for more control.


Once the wash was dry, I cut out my ATC cards (2.5x3.5in).  This is one of my favorite steps.  I love how different each card looks when cut out.  They are full of lit bits of goodness and fun.


I then stamped 3 sets of Moth wings (4220R) to heavyweight cardstock.  I fussy cut each one and added some Distress Ink to the edges.  (these are one of my fave stamps - Love them) I added them to an ATC background using foam tape for dimension.  



To finish each butterfly, I added several metal and wood embellishments, color customized to match the ATC card.  A final sentiment sticker to each and done!




I must admit, this is one of my favorite projects I've created recently.  I love the simplicity, yet elegance each card reflects.

Thanks for stopping by today.  I'll be back in October with more 100 Proof Press stamp projects!


No comments:

No comments: