Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Coupon Holder Gone Glam!



Hi and Happy Tuesday!  Yesterday, I was up on the My Mind's Eye blog with a project that was un-planned, simple, and just plain happy.

Often, when creating my Design Team projects, I get caught up in creating something that is overly-complex and over-planned.  I get obsessed with creating a WOW project.  A project that is much too serious.  But today, I am sharing a ‘spur of the moment’ project that is different than what I normally create.  


Y’all know the Target Dollar Spot?  That spot, right near the entrance of the store.  {The spot that sucks you in}  The Dollar spot bins are full of fun, colorful, and seasonal items.  I can never walk into a Target without perusing the bins for items ‘I must buy’!  :)

One of the main reasons I enjoy shopping the Dollar Spot bins is that the items are inexpensive.  We are all looking for a bargain, aren’t we? 

During a recent trip, I spied these little coupon holders.  Super fun, cute & practical all by themselves.  But does practical need to be plain!  No!  Why not dress ‘em up a bit?


I cut the entire Calendar Sticky Pad from the Sherbet Sticky Note – cardboard and all.  I adhered it to the coupon holder with super sticky ScorTape.  I added several chipboard and enamel shape embellishments for a whimsical design.  Done!



Instead of using my coupon holder to ‘hold coupons’, I am using mine to hold photo’s and little notes.  A women is allowed to change her mind.  Ha!

I can carry this in my purse, to crops and creative events.  Perfect for little notes and for safe keeping my project photos.

I hope you enjoyed my ‘just for fun’ project today.  Remember, it’s okay to keep your creating simple and fun.  Seriousness not required!


No comments:

No comments: