Thursday, September 18, 2014

Solitary Art Journal Page for 100 Proof Press Stamps

Hello and Happy Thursday!

Earlier this week, I shared my second Guest Designer project over at 100 Proof Press stamps.  I seriously love the quality and designs of their stamps.  They are so versatile for all types of project.  Let's get to my project!



Today, I would like to share with y'all an Art Journal page I created using a Gelli Print and 100 Proof Press stamps.  What a perfect combination!

I have recently been bitten by the Gelli Plate Printing bug!  When I pull out my Gelli Plate, I create multiple prints so I can have them ready when looking for the perfect background for a project.  

When I knew I wanted to create an Art Journal page for my 2nd project, I rummaged through my Gelli Print drawer and found this beauty.  I knew that with a few amazing stamps, I could transform the print to a finished Art Journal page.


I often use favorite quotes and sentiments for inspiration on my Art Journal pages.  I have been going through a rough time lately, feeling alone and lost, so I wanted to create a page that reflected my feelings.  

Using this amazing bare Tree Stamp (3265V), I heat embossed the image directly to my print.  I love how subtle, yet direct the image looked.


I wanted a bit more texture to the print, so I randomly stamped the background with the Cursive Writing stamp (6488Y).  (this stamp is PERFECT for background and mixed media projects)


When I create Art Journal pages, I like to frame my entire page with either doodling or stamping.  For this page, I used the edge of the Circular Number stamp (5948W) to create a fun and interesting border.  I colored in the design with Shimmerz Paints and doodling pens.  It added enough to ground the page without distracting from the focal point of the solitary tree.

To finish my page, I wrote my words to reflect my thoughts and feelings.



I love how it turned out and using the Gelli Print as a base for my page, allowed me to create a super fast Art Journal spread.

100 Proof Press Stamps Used
3265V
5948W
6488Y

Thank you for stopping by!  Have a wonderful Thursday!


No comments:

No comments: