Thursday, October 16, 2014

2nd October Guest Designer Project for 100 Proof Press stamps - Mixed Media Layout



Hello and Happy Thursday!  Earlier this week, I shared another Guest Designer project for 100 Proof Press Stamps.    Today, I would like to share with you that project, mixed media layout, using stamps to create subtle background texture.


To prep my chipboard background, I painted a coat of black gesso, allowing 'brush' strokes to be visible.  I then added several Shimmerz Spray Mists and Inklingz to add some color to the stark black.


Now for the texture:  I began by heat embossing the top and bottom corners, using 5817X.  This is a great stamp for background texture making!

I then added more texture with 6488Y, 5497V, and 5483P.  These are also great background and mixed media stamps.  Using contrasting ink, the stamp images really pop.



To finish it off, I added several metal embellishments and my title.  Super quick, yet one-of-a-kind! 


100 Proof Press Stamps Used
5817X
5483P
5497V
6488Y


What is your favorite use for background stamps?  

Thank you for stopping by!  Have a great day!

No comments:

No comments: