Friday, October 31, 2014

Art Journaling from the heart...

Hello and Happy Friday!

This week, Viva Las Vegas Stamps is teaming up with the lovely team from the Crafters Workshop to bring you some amazing inspiration, how-to's, and creative ideas.



Today, I am sharing my VLVS and Crafters Workshop project.


I have really been inspired by Art Journaling lately.  I have been going through a rough patch in my life and Art Journaling helps put my confusion and uncertainty at ease.

I wanted my Art Journal page to remain fairly simple, with a focus on the words and symbolism.  To create the center, focal point, I cut a rectangle from a sheet of cardstock.  


I wanted subtle texture in the background, so I slide a 12x12 stencil behind the cut piece and spritzed with Shimmerz sprays.


(just because a stencil has a certain shape doesn't mean you can't use the pattern for a different type of project)


I then 'painted' this section with more Shimmerz sprays.

Then, I heat embossed 3 stamped Patterned Heart designs directly to the painted background.


I painted each open section (of the heart) with Shimmerz paints and added a stamped sentiment.  (Cancelled stamp)


To add more texture to the outside edge, I sprayed more Shimmerz spray through the 'Textured' stencil from the Crafters Workshop, using scraps of paper to mask the area.


I added a border around the focal point with Montana Paint markers, then added my journaling.


And done.  A simple, yet direct journal page.

Do you like to Art Journal?  If yes, what inspires you?  Colors, design, message, product?

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!

(p.s. - If you place an order for Shimmerz Paints, mention my name in the 'Instructions to Merchant' section and you will receive FREE product)

3 comments:

Kristiina Majuri said...

I have an art journal, but it is so far empty! Seeing how others create in theirs allways makes my fingers itch, this page is beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

jbonomo said...

This is art journaling for the heart...you are so inspiring and wishing you peace in your heart. Take care beautiful lady!

Linsey said...

Oh I agree, this is art journaling from the heart. An expression of our thoughts and feelings through art and I think it's wonderful! An important step in the healing process is expressing ourselves where we are in any given moment and I love the idea of gaining the most important validation of all--SELF validation, no matter what you are feeling. It's a good thing I love your page. I'm inspired by the integrity and honesty of it--I will keep in mind to always journal this way. Art from the heart. :) thank you for sharing xoxo

3 comments:

Kristiina Majuri said...

I have an art journal, but it is so far empty! Seeing how others create in theirs allways makes my fingers itch, this page is beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

jbonomo said...

This is art journaling for the heart...you are so inspiring and wishing you peace in your heart. Take care beautiful lady!

Linsey said...

Oh I agree, this is art journaling from the heart. An expression of our thoughts and feelings through art and I think it's wonderful! An important step in the healing process is expressing ourselves where we are in any given moment and I love the idea of gaining the most important validation of all--SELF validation, no matter what you are feeling. It's a good thing I love your page. I'm inspired by the integrity and honesty of it--I will keep in mind to always journal this way. Art from the heart. :) thank you for sharing xoxo