Friday, October 17, 2014

Freaky Friday/Design Team Swapping with Valerie O'Neall



Hi everyone!  Today, I am up on the My Mind's Eye blog with our Freaky Friday feature.  I love participating in Freaky Friday and I love the challenge of sharing inspiration from a fellow Design Team member.   

Today, I am inspired by the wonderfully talented Valerie O'Neall.  I have always been a fan of Valerie's style and I am super excited to share my layout with you today.

The first thing I do, is to look at several of my Freaky Friday partner's layouts.  I try to find similarities and design trademarks.  Valerie has a great style and here's what I spied as her design style. 

1. White Cardstock
2. Large, digitally cut titles
3. Small pops of color and pattern
4. Multiple photos

Using these as my starting point, I created this layout.


I love using white cardstock as a base for layouts, so this was an easy task.  I die cut a large title, backing it with a solid patterned paper.  


Using our fabulous enamel dots and mixed bag die cuts, I added pops of color and  pattern.  I generally scrap with 1 photo, but using her multiple photo style, I printed the same photo and repeated it throughout my layout.  Love this look!




I really enjoyed scrapping in this Clean and Simple manner.  It is a complete opposite to my mixed media and artsy style. 

Thank you Valerie for your amazing inspiration!



No comments:

No comments: