Monday, October 27, 2014

Happiness Art Journal page, creating background with stamps



Hi and Happy Monday!

Today I am sharing my final project as a Guest Designer project for 100 Proof Press Stamps.  

Earlier, I showed you how to use background stamps to create texture on a Mixed Media layout.  Today, I would like to share with you how to do the same technique to create an Art Journal page.


To create the background for my Art Journal page, I added acrylic paint with several stencils from my stash.  (just for a hint of color).   


After the paint was dry, I added random stamping for texture.  



Now for the fun part!  To create your flower shape, hand draw several flowers on a thin piece of cardboard or heavy cardstock.   Cut out the flowers and 'paint' around the edge, NOT covering the entire background.  (I used Distress Paint)  Doodle and paint your flowers with spray mist.  Since the Distress Paint and Spray mist are transparent, the background is still visible.    The spray mist is transparent, so you can still see the yummy stamping beneath.   



Finish off your Art Journal page with a favorite quote or sentiment.  

Thank you for stopping by today!  Thank you Sara for asking me to Guest!  I've enjoyed these past 2 months.

100 Proof Press Stamps Used
5497V
6488Y
5182P


No comments:

No comments: