Friday, October 10, 2014

Happy Halloween Board, created with 100 Proof Press Stamps



Hello and Happy Friday!  Earlier this week, I shared my first of my October Guest Designer projects for 100 Proof Press Stamps.

Since Halloween is my favorite Holiday, I thought I'd create a Halloween Mixed Media canvasboard, using several of my favorite 100 Proof Press stamps.

 
I needed to create a ghoulish background, so I added strips of vintage dictionary paper, distress paint, and modeling paste to a sheet of canvasboard.


Once all of that wonderful texture was dry, I stamped 3265V 3 times on a sheet of Specialty Stamping Paper (by Ranger).  The trees were too plain for my theme, so I added some Shimmerz Inklingz to them, allowing the paint to pool randomly.


I then stamped 6289X on the same paper.  The ink didn't completely fill in the image, so I painted the image with black paint.  I also added some Shimmerz Inklingz to the image and fussy cut all stamped images.



I layered the stamped images on my canvasboard, added a few whimsical embellishments and my Mini Halloween scene was complete!

Creating a mixed media project doesn't have to be hard or complex.  Stamps make it super easy (and fun) to create!

I will have a couple more projects to share this month.  Please stop by!
 
Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!

100 Proof Press Stamps Used
3265V
6289X


No comments:

No comments: