Thursday, October 23, 2014

Hazel & Ruby and Imagine Crafts are teaming up! Ampersand Decor

Hello and Happy Thursday!

This week, Hazel & Ruby and Imagine Crafts are teaming up to bring y'all a ton of DIY inspiration.  Yesterday was my day, and here was the project I created.



I LOVE Home Decor.  (and if you have followed me for awhile you know that).  I thought it would be fun to alter a wooden Ampersand sign, using Hazel & Ruby "Pass the Tissue, Lace is the Place" paper and several shades of Memento Dew Drops inks.

I started by tracing my ampersand piece on the tissue paper. 



(This picture really shows the beautiful design in the tissue paper. Love this)

Next, I dabbed my ink dauber on my craft mat and gave it a spritz of water.  I will be using the ink as my paint and will paint the flower design.


The ink became 'watercolor like' and I love how the pattern on the tissue paper resisted the ink.  I wasn't too careful about staying in the lines because I wanted that effect.


Once I was finished 'ink painting', I traced the lines with a Stabilo pencil and wet the line.  Once Once the entire design was painted, I cut out the ampersand.


I adhered the tissue paper to the wooden piece with Mod Podge and finished off the edges with white paint. I sanded any rough edges and made sure the edges were sealed.


Here's some close-ups of the painted areas. 




And the finished piece.


No need to be an artist.  Just use the pattern embedded in the paper as a guide to paint.  Super easy!

Be sure and stop by the Hazel & Ruby blog each day.  They will be giving away a prize package to one lucky person.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!

No comments:

No comments: