Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Spooky Halloween House - Create texture with stamps and embossing powder

Hello and Happy Wednesday!  Today I am up on the Viva Las Vegas Stamps blog with a Spooky Halloween house, full of mystery, ghoulishness, and of course texture!



Halloween is my favorite season of the year and I can't wait till this time rolls around to create fall and Halloween projects.  Today, I will share with you how I created this Halloween product, using stamps and embossing powder to create texture.

I have fallen in love with embossing powder all over again.  I love the instant texture, dimension and color you get with one simple step.

To prep my wood structure, I primed each piece with a coat of black gesso.


Once each piece was dry, I heat embossed each section (before assembling).  I used a dark blue on the main house pieces instead of black to create a bit of contrast.  I used red on the roof and brown on the tombstones.



For more dimension and color, I sprayed each piece with several shades of Shimmerz sprays.  Once the pieces were done, I glued the entire house together.





I assembled all of the internal pieces and glued them in place.

Special Note:  My moon is a bottle cap covered with Shimmerz Texturez and Shimmerz sprays.  Doesn't it look great?





VLVS Stamps Used:
Bubble Background
Lacy Lines
Dictionary Page

Thank you for stopping by today!  Have a great week!

1 comment:

Bente Fagerberg said...

Oh, how fabulous! I love the awesome texture here. I just want to touch those walls! :-)

1 comment:

Bente Fagerberg said...

Oh, how fabulous! I love the awesome texture here. I just want to touch those walls! :-)