Tuesday, November 11, 2014

2014 Christmas Advent Tag Calendar



Hi!  Today, I am up on the My Mind's Eye Blog today with my 2014 version of an Advent Calendar. 

 Even though my children are grown and the excitement of the daily opening of an Advent Calendar is not what it was when they were little, I still enjoy creating a calendar each year, using a slightly different idea. 

For my 2014 Christmas Advent Calendar, I created a simple Tag Calendar, using a simple die-cut tag shape.  

For each day, I adhered a glassine envelope to the die-cut tag, then adhered the number tag on top of the envelope.  



I embellished each number tag with Joyous Gems and aged the envelope with Distress Ink.  I printed the daily activity on a strip of paper and 'hid' them in the glassine envelope.






The entire calendar was held together with a large Binder ring.  After each day's activity is complete, the tag can be flipped to the back, revealing the next day.  How fun?




I am already looking for new ideas for my 2015 Advent Calendar.  If you have any great ideas, I'd love to hear them! 
Thank you for stopping by!

3 comments:

Tina Rhodes said...

This is one of the most gorgeous things I have ever seen! Absolutely love it!

Ulrika said...

Hi!
What is the name of the die that cuts out the tags??? This is soooo gorgeous!!!!
Thanx for sharing it!

Best regards Ulrika in Sweden
ukarlsson@hotmail.com

Tina said...

Hi Ulrika - it was a digital cut from the Silhouette store. If you search on tags, you will see the various assortments they have. Thank you so much for your kind comment.

3 comments:

Tina Rhodes said...

This is one of the most gorgeous things I have ever seen! Absolutely love it!

Ulrika said...

Hi!
What is the name of the die that cuts out the tags??? This is soooo gorgeous!!!!
Thanx for sharing it!

Best regards Ulrika in Sweden
ukarlsson@hotmail.com

Tina said...

Hi Ulrika - it was a digital cut from the Silhouette store. If you search on tags, you will see the various assortments they have. Thank you so much for your kind comment.