Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Day of the Dead Coloring Page

Hello and Happy Tuesday!

Just a quick post today!  Back in October, I moved from Wyoming to Pennsylvania, and to keep myself occupied while the movers packed and loaded me up, I thought I'd create a quick Coloring page, using a free image downloaded from the internet. 


When I feel the need to create, but have limited supplies or time, I often pull out a Coloring page to create with.  I've created multiple Coloring pages created by the amazing Catherine Scanlon, but I also search the internet for other images. 

I love "Day of the Dead' or 'Dia de Los Muertos" images and had been wanted to color one for awhile.  I printed the above image on heavy weight cardstock, then covered the paper with a thin layer of gesso.



After the gesso dryed, I painted the image, layering colors. 





To create defination, I outlined the image with a black pen, then added highlights with a white pen.  And done! 




I filled the hours while the movers worked, and filled my need to create!  :)

How do you create 'on the run'?  I'd love some tips and hints!

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful day!


No comments:

No comments: